Wahoo KICKR Indoor Smart Turbo Trainer 2017
The world's most powerful turbo trainer, the Wahoo KICKR Indoor Smart Turbo Trainer 2017 is even more advanced than its predecessor, with improved compatibility. This is an electromagnetic indoor trainer that uses a silky smooth Gates carbon drive belt to achieve smooth and realistic feeling accelerations whilst sprinting and decelerations when it comes to climbing. An important compatibility upgrade for those riders looking for a fully immersive experience, this trainer is compatible with the new KICKR CLIMB. This latest innovation from Wahoo, an indoor grade simulator, is the perfect partner to your KICKR, adding physical grade changes to resistant changes so you can get the most real, on-the-road feel to your training.
If you are training for a hilly sportive or a mountainous Gran Fondo, the trainer can simulate the effort needed to conquer that climb. With up to a 20% gradient selectable, there is no excuse for suffering on the climbs come summer. Sprinters are catered for as well, with the trainer able to handle up to 2000 watts of power.
Constructed from robust steel, the KICKR will stay put while you crank out the watts and stands up to years of heavy use. The quiet and smooth cassette-only design of the trainer means you won't wear out your tyres and with the freewheel noise level reduced from 70db to 61db, your pedalling is now even more hushed so you can hear your heart pounding and your legs throbbing. LED indicator lights provide visual confirmation that the KICKR is powered, connected and transmitting.
Bluetooth Smart 4.0, FE-C and ANT+ compatibility allows you to connect the Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Indoor Turbo Trainer to your laptop, tablet or smartphone for live tracking of your essential statistics like power, cadence (cadence sensor is included), speed and distance. This feature also means the KICKR can be used in partnership with a variety of third party apps like Trainer Road, Zwift and Strava.
The KICKR fits the majority of bike models, with adjustable legs that allow you to set your bike level on the floor, thus eliminating the need for a riser block for your front wheel.
The 11-26t 11-speed cassette that the trainer comes complete with is Shimano/SRAM compatible, with an optional adapter available to convert the trainer into a pure Campagnolo device.
Tim Kerrison, Head of Athlete Performance at Team Sky:
“We’ve developed a strong methodology around preparing and racing Grand Tours that has helped us create repeatable success. The Wahoo KICKR is a vital part of the program that has led to success in this year’s Tour de France.”
- Added 12x148 thru axle compatibility and expanded 12x142 thru axle compatibility
- Compatibility with Boost axles
- Improved Disc Brake Clearance
- Compatible with Wahoo's new KICKR CLIMB, an indoor trainer grade simulator
What's in the box:
- KICKR Indoor Smart Turbo Trainer
- Power cord
- Power brick (UK plug socket)
- Quickstart guide
- Weight: 21 kg
- Max user weight: 113 kg
- Power requirements: 100-240V~1.5A 50-60 Hz
- Accuracy: +/- 2%
- Resistance type: Electromagnetic
- RPM cadence sensor included
- KICKR CLIMB compatibility: Yes
- Flywheel weight: 5.7 kg
- Belt type: Gates Carbon Drive
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart / ANT+ / ANT+ FE-C
- Maximum simulated grade: 20% (assumed rider/bike weight of 79 kg)
- Maximum power output: 2000 Watts (at 25 mph)
- Noise level: 61 dB (measured at 3ft while riding 250 Watts at 10 mph)
- Footprint with legs open: 21" x 28" (54 cm x 71 cm)
- Footprint with legs collapsed: 21" x 9" (54 cm x 23 cm)
- Supported hubs: 130/135 QR, 12x142, 12x148
- Rear axle: Quick release
- Drivetrain: SRAM/Shimano 11-Speed (11-26t) cassette included, also compatible with 11-speed Campagnolo. 7/8/9/10-speed will require a suitable alternative cassette and in the case of Campagnolo, a freehub adaptor (Sold separately)
- Wheel Size: 24" / 650c / 700c / 26" / 27.5" / 29"
- Compatibility - APPS: Wahoo Fitness, Zwift, Trainer Road, Virtual Training, Veloreality, Kinomap Trainer, PeriPedal, Velo Trainer
- Includes: Wahoo KICKR Indoor Smart Turbo Trainer, UK Power cord, Power brick (UK plug) and Quickstart guide
PRODUCT REF: WFBKTRNR11
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.