Trek have revolutionised what can be performed on a high-performance, long-lasting and affordable road bike with the Trek Emonda S 5 Road Bike 2017. The ultralight 300 Series OCLV Carbon frame and fork combine for a more efficient, lightweight and comfortable ride, whilst a Shimano 105 groupset enhances shifting speed and reliability.
Trek Emonda S 5 Road Bike 2017
Trek Emonda S 5 Road Bike 2017
The Trek Emonda S 5 Road Bike 2017 redefines what can be achieved on an affordable road bike with its range of ride-enhancing features and high-performance components and not to forget the ultralight 300 Series OCLV Carbon that makes the bike as light as possible.
The Trek Emonda carbon fork enhances the stiffness and comfort of the ride, keeping everything efficient but also absorbing the bumps and imperfections of the roads ahead. The words 'stiffness' and 'comfort' are not regularly used within the same sentence, but the Emonda Carbon fork offers heightened vertical compliance, soaking up all the road chatter that would otherwise cause your palms to go numb.
Equipped to the brim with Shimano 105 5800, the Emonda S 5 provides fast, reliable shifting as and when you need it. Whether you’re sprinting on the flat or spinning up hills, this groupset will convert every watt you exert into ride-altering speed, without making a dent into your power transfer efficiency. Shimano 105 5800 is also incredibly simple to maintain due to its mechanical nature, too, so you’re safe in the knowledge that if you do have a mechanical, you won’t be stuck on the roadside for long.
Trek have used 105 5800 to take charge of the braking, too and it’s easy to see why. With modern advancements in braking surfaces and manufacturers working with each other to produce the highest performance at the lowest cost, Shimano 105 performs as well as any other rim brake in all conditions. So, no matter if you’re descending in the wet or climbing in the dry, the Shimano 105 brakes will offer unparalleled levels of braking power at your fingertips.
Using Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x25c tyres to increase confidence and cornering in the wet, these tyres also enhance puncture protection without impacting on rolling resistance. Hard-Case Lite stands for Bontrager’s lightest version of the tyre, so you’ll be as lightweight as physically possible with the Trek Emonda S 5 Road Bike 2017.
- Redefines what's possible for weight and ride performance
- Trek 300 Series OCLV Carbon makes the ultimate light bike possible
- Perfectly balanced, ultra-responsive ride feel
- The world's lightest road line has the world's best warranty
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Trek Ultralight 300 Series OCLV Carbon, ride-tuned performance tube optimisation, E2 tapered head tube, BB86.5, DuoTrap compatible
- FORK: Trek Émonda carbon, E2 tapered steerer
- HEADSET: Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBARS: Bontrager Race VR-C, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-28, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano 105 5800, 50/34 (compact)
- CHAIN: Shimano HG60 11-speed
- FRONT WHEEL: Alloy hubs; Bontrager Tubeless Ready rims
- REAR WHEEL: Alloy hubs; Bontrager Tubeless Ready rims
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x25c
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x25c
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp
- SEATPOST: Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 8mm offset
- WEIGHT: 8.58kg (56cm)
PRODUCT REF: 17EMONDAS5
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.