Trek’s answer to tackling rougher terrain comes in the form of IsoSpeed; a decoupler that allows the seatmast to move independently from the rest of the bike, increasing comfort yet still keeping everything as efficient as possible. The Trek Domane SL 8 Road Bike 2017 features this innovative solution, and when twinned with a 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame, fork and Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 componentry, this bike becomes ready for anything.
Trek Domane SL 8 Road Bike 2017
Trek Domane SL 8 Road Bike 2017
Trek have pulled out all the stops with the Trek Domane SL 8 Road Bike 2017. It’s constructed from their renowned 500 Series OCLV Carbon which is incredibly lightweight, but also remains strong and stiff throughout maximum power output and with the incorporated IsoSpeed technology that’s taken the pro-peloton by storm, it’s ready to tackle a wide range of terrain.
The IsoSpeed technology offered from Trek is evident within the rear end, fork and handlebars of the Domane SL 8, and as soon as you plant yourself on the saddle, you’ll feel the difference. The rear IsoSpeed decoupler separates the seatmast from the frame, allowing the seatmast to move independently from the rest of the bike, absorbing all the bumps and vibrations the road has to offer.
The rear decoupler is also completely adjustable depending on personal preference and/or what type of ride you’re on. Simply unscrew the lower bottle cage bolt, which determines the compliance of IsoSpeed, and slide the rear of the seatmast up or down. Less compliance is perfect for short, high-intensity efforts in the saddle on smooth roads, whilst more compliance is aimed towards longer rides, such as Gran Fondos.
Used in the fork and handlebar, IsoSpeed is a little different, though. Instead of an IsoSpeed decoupler, the fork and handlebar have increased vertical compliance to take the brunt of whatever surface you’re riding on. There’s a reason the Trek-Segafredo team use the Domane on the cobbles.
Equipped throughout the Domane SL 8 is Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 - Shimano’s top of the range mechanical groupset that can take on the rigours of everyday riding. Because it’s mechanical, this componentry is easily adjusted and repairable by the roadside, making it perfect for rougher terrain where vibrations can cause mechanicals.
Dura-Ace 9100 isn’t just durable, though, it provides high-speed, reliable shifting and with its 11-28 cassette, offers a wide range of gearing meaning you can choose the ideal gear to suit your style. Spin up the climbs or attack, it’s your choice.
Bontrager Paradigm Comp Tubeless Ready wheels and Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite 700x28c tyres finish off the Domane SL 8, offering unparalleled levels of traction for confidence inspired cornering and descending. The Domane offers wider tyre clearance, so you can chop and change your tyre choice depending on your riding style.
- The smooth advantage
- Front and Rear IsoSpeed decouplers smooth rough roads
- The 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame lets you ride stronger, longer
- Additional tyre clearance for on- and off-road versatility
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Trek 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Front and Rear IsoSpeed, E2 tapered head tube, BB90, Power Transfer Construction, hidden mudguard mounts, internal cable routing, 3S chain keeper, DuoTrap S compatible, Ride Tuned seatmast
- FORK: Trek Domane full carbon, E2 tapered steerer, direct mount brakes
- HEADSET: Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- STEM: Bontrager Pro, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBARS: Bontrager Race Lite IsoZone, VR-CF, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Bontrager Speed Stop, direct mount
- REAR BRAKE: Bontrager Speed Stop, direct mount
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-25, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-25, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-28, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 50/34 (compact)
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Paradigm Comp Tubeless Ready
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Paradigm Comp Tubeless Ready
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite, aramid bead, 700x28c
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite, aramid bead, 700x28c
- SADDLE: Bontrager Affinity Comp, cromo rails
- SEATPOST: Bontrager Ride Tuned carbon seat mast cap, 20mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 17DOMANESL8
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using Tracked Post or DHL for fast and reliable deliveries. To see delivery options and delivery times, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return unused and unopened purchased items.
Please note we cannot accept any goods back if the original packaging is opened. For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Trek Domane SL 8 Road Bike 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.