Trek Domane SL 5 Road Bike 2018
Designed with long-distance comfort in mind, the Trek Domane SL 5 Road Bike 2018 is perfect for the intrepid riders who doesn’t sway when the miles start rolling. The frame is constructed from Trek’s renowned 500 Series OCLV Carbon, which has been developed over the years in their base in Waterlooville, Wisconsin. Together, with the carbon fork, these two are the perfect combination, offering supreme vibration dampening to ensure you’re comfortable throughout every aspect of your ride.
Front and rear IsoSpeed technology has been included to further this comfort, allowing the fork and seatpost to move independently of the frame, without affecting efficiency over longer distances. In fact, it has been noted that riders feel fresher after long rides, allowing them to go further thanks to this supreme comfort.
A BB90 bottom bracket comes as standard on Trek Domane’s at this level, and this bottom bracket is renowned for its stiffness, rigidity and power transfer. The E2 tapered head tube completes the base componentry ensemble, ensuring that when you’re sprinting out the saddle and laying down the power, there’s no flex or loss of energy.
Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed has been recruited for reliable, precise shifting, and its wide range of gearing and an 11-28t cassette ensures you don’t run out of spin when tackling the harshest of climbs. Shimano 105 is also behind the predictable braking of the Domane SL 5, giving immediate, mechanical assurance as you head down those long, technical descents.
Improving speed and traction by the means of a tubeless ready construction, the Bontrager rims and Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite 28mm clincher tyres perform beautifully together and allow you to head out the door in utmost confidence of your kit. The rims are lightweight, strong, and further this bike's durability over rougher ground, whilst the tyres are ready to take on the cobbles without falter.
- Trek 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame and carbon fork are lightweight, strong and durable for all-condition conquering rides
- Shimano 105, 5800 11-speed gearing gives enough spin to tackle even the toughest of climbs
- Shimano 105 braking offers predictable and reliable braking on the descents
- Bontrager finishing kit improves comfort and IsoSpeed technology furthers this by absorbing harsh vibrations
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Trek 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Front & Rear IsoSpeed, E2 tapered head tube, BB90, direct mount brakes, Power Transfer Construction, hidden mudguard mounts, internal cable routing, 3S chain keeper, DuoTrap S compatible, Ride Tuned seatmast
- FORK: Trek Domane carbon, carbon E2 steerer, direct mount brakes
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBARS: Bontrager Race VR-C, 31.8 mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800, direct mount
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 5800, direct mount
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-28t
- CRANKSET: Shimano 105 5800, 50/34 (compact)
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Tubeless Ready, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Tubeless Ready, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x28c, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x28c, clincher
- SADDLE: Bontrager Affinity Comp, chromoly rails
- SEATPOST: Bontrager Ride Tuned alloy seatmast cap, 10mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 18DOMANESL5
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.