The Trek 520 Disc Adventure Road Bike 2017 has been built to be the ultimate steel touring bike. Tuned for maximum comfort with a balanced geometry, the 520 Disc features durable and strong Hayes CX mechanical disc brakes and Shimano 9-speed gearing that provides you with the power and torque needed to carry heavy loads on the included pannier rack.
Trek 520 Disc Adventure Road Bike 2017
Trek 520 Disc Adventure Road Bike 2017
Whether it's full-blown touring or the daily commute, the Trek 520 Disc Adventure Road Bike 2017 is designed to be the ultimate steel touring bike. Designed for comfort and durability with low touring mounts on the front and rear to stabilise heavy loads, the 520 Disc is more than capable of hitting the road less travelled.
If you are commuting or touring you are going to want to be comfortable and with Trek's balanced geometry you will be. With a more upright riding position and high level of stability, this bike is ready to go the distance.
Braking power is accounted for with Hayes' powerful CX mechanical disc brakes. Carrying heavy loads requires a wide range of gears for getting up those steep gradients and Shimano's 9-speed groupset is more than ready to accommodate these needs. The 11-32 cassette and triple crankset are perfect for powering up climbs and maintaining a high speed on the flat.
Bontrager's hard wearing AW1 32mm-wide tyres provide plenty of traction and puncture protection and their extra width is perfect for when the road turns rough.
- Low touring mounts front and rear stabilise heavy loads
- Disc brakes give you reliable all-weather stopping power
- Balanced geometry is ultra-stable even when fully loaded
- Weight: 13.08kg (53cm)
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time.
- FRAME: Trek butted chromoly disc touring, rack & mudguard mounts
- FORK: Trek Chromoly Touring Disc w/lowrider mounts
- HEADSET: VP Slimstak, sealed semi-cartridge bearings
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7-degree, comes w/computer & light mounts
- HANDLEBARS: Bontrager Race, VR-C, 31.8mm
- GRIPS: Bontrager gel cork tape
- FRONT BRAKE: Hayes CX Expert mechanical disc brakes, Tektro RL340 alloy levers
- REAR BRAKE: Hayes CX Expert mechanical disc brakes
- BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro RL340 alloy levers
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Alivio
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Deore
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 bar end control, 9-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano HG50, 11-32, 9-speed
- CHAIN: KMC X9
- CRANKSET: Shimano Trekking M590 48/36/26 w/chainguard
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: Shimano M475 hubs, Bontrager Tubeless Ready rims
- REAR WHEEL: Shimano M475 hubs, Bontrager Tubeless Ready rims
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager AW1 Hard-Case, 700x32c
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager AW1 Hard-Case, 700x32c
- SADDLE: Bontrager Evoke 1
- SEATPOST: Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 17520DISC
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.