The Specialized Tarmac SL4 Road Bike 2017 has all the features you need to take your performance to new heights. Its lightweight FACT 9r carbon frame and S-Works FACT carbon fork are lightweight, durable and strong, whilst the Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed groupset provides a wider range of gearing for greater climbing efficiency. All-in-all, it’s a bike you want to be riding when you need an extra push in the peloton.
Specialized Tarmac SL4 Elite Road Bike 2017
Specialized Tarmac SL4 Road Bike 2017
Derived from the same geometry and race winning attitude that Peter Sagan rode to numerous stage wins with, the Specialized Tarmac SL4 Elite Road Bike 2017 is a true pedigree within the road racing circuit. A low weight, stiff and durable frame, alongside highly capable components, all at a more favourable price point make for the ideal entry level road bike for cycling enthusiasts.
The frame is constructed from Specialized’s FACT 9r carbon fibre which ensures you receive the legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you’d expect from a bike of this nature. Its more aggressive positioning is aimed towards riders who yearn for top speeds and conquer KOMs in their stride - it really is a race winning bike.
Specialized’s FACT full carbon fork follows the same suit as the frame, producing an exceptional level of stiffness and steering response without adding any weight. It’s ideal for sprinters, climbers and wind-defiers as it transfers instantaneous acceleration into lightning fast speed when out the saddle and produces beautifully snappy control when on high-speed, technical descents.
To give more bang for the buck, a wide range of capable and durable components have been incorporated into the Tarmac SL4. A Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed drivetrain produces split-second, smooth shifting for a more efficient ride, but its 11-28t cassette also gives you the versatility to take on harsher, steeper gradients.
Ultegra 6800 has also been recruited for the braking on the Tarmac SL4. As you’ll be racking up the miles, you need a pair of strong, powerful brakes to get you to the bottom of the descent safely, and that’s exactly what these brakes offer. Weighing only 333g (front and rear calipers), these brakes improve efficiency and control and provide greater braking power modulation over long, technical descents.
A set of durable Specialized Axis Elite wheels connect everything to the road, giving the Tarmac its famed power transfer efficiency. Combined with Specialized Espoir Elite 700x23mm tyres, your stability and grip will take a new turn, allowing you to corner at greater speeds and descend in confidence.
- The Specialized FACT 9r carbon frame combines lightweight performance and compliance to ensure that you receive the legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac
- Specialized's S-Works FACT full carbon fork with tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents
- Significantly lighter than comparable wheelsets in its class, these tough Axis Elite wheels offer tremendous value in one smooth-rolling package
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9r carbon, threaded BB, full internal cable routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing
- FORK: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon, full monocoque, size-specific taper
- STEM: Specialized 3D-forged alloy, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed, 11-28t
- CRANKSET: Praxis Zayante
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Axis Elite, QR
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Axis Elite, QR
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Espoir Elite, clincher, 700x23mm, 60TPI
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Espoir Elite, clincher, 700x23mm, 60TPI
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Comp carbon, single bolt
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17TARMACSL4ELITE
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
We ship to over 100 countries using Tracked Post or DHL for fast and reliable deliveries. To see delivery options and delivery times, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return your order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact, undamaged and tags attached. For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Specialized Tarmac SL4 Elite Road Bike 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.