The Specialized Tarmac Expert Disc Road Bike 2017 is an extraordinary piece of equipment. Its FACT 10r carbon frame and S-Works FACT carbon fork are lightweight, responsive and offer superior handling, while the Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed drivetrain produces lightning quick shifting for a more efficient ride. The Shimano BR-785 hydraulic disc brakes enhance versatility, allowing you to perform at your peak in both the wet and the dry.
Specialized Tarmac Expert Disc Road Bike 2017
Specialized Tarmac Expert Disc Road Bike 2017
If you’re an avid rider and you crave more performance, then the Specialized Tarmac Expert Disc Road Bike 2017 is the ideal bike for you. Its carefully chosen range of super lightweight components and a high-quality carbon fibre frame ensure you’re riding at the top of your game in all conditions.
The FACT 10r carbon frame incorporates Specialized’s top-end carbon production methods, alongside a Rider-First Engineered design that ensures every frame size gets the optimal levels of stiffness and rigidity needed for a more efficient ride. Whether you’re riding a 49cm or a 61cm, everyone will get the same performance benefits as one another.
Specialized’s S-Works, FACT full carbon fork follows the same suit as the frame, producing exceptional stiffness and steering response without adding any weight. It’s ideal for sprinters, climbers and wind-defiers as it transfers instantaneous acceleration into lightning fast speed when out the saddle and produces beautifully snappy control when on high-speed, technical descents.
Shimano’s Ultegra 6800, 11-speed drivetrain is the perfect choice for heading out for long days in the saddle. Its wide range of gearing with an 11-28t cassette provides all the pedal power you need to spin up climbs and fine-tune your riding style, or head out ahead of your pack and attempt that elusive KOM.
The Ultegra rear derailleur weighs an impressive 207g, and provides more equal shifting effort throughout the full range of the cassette, whilst maintaining precise shifting over an extended time period. All-in-all, at this price point, this is the ultimate combination of frame and gearing.
Enhancing your versatility on the bike, Specialized have used Shimano’s BR-785 hydraulic disc brakes within the Tarmac Expert Disc. This highly renowned disc brakeset allows for you to perform exactly the same in the wet as you do in the dry, inspiring confidence on the descents and allowing you to hit higher speeds for longer periods of time.
Finished with a DT R460 Pro wheelset and Specialized S-Works Turbo 700x24mm tyre combination, you’ll be able to corner at higher speeds due to the incredible levels of grip on offer. The wheels are also perfect for all-around use, staying strong when sprinting out the saddle and efficiently connecting the bike to the road for a more in-tuned ride feel.
- The Specialized FACT 10r carbon frame combines the lightweight performance and compliance of Specialized’s top-end carbon production methods with their Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac
- Specialized's FACT full carbon fork with tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents
- Shimano BR-785 hydraulic disc brakes deliver smooth modulation and lever feel, and more importantly, incredible stopping power in any condition
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 10r carbon, OSBB, full internal cable routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing
- FORK: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon, full monocoque, size-specific taper
- STEM: Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 123mm drop, 75mm reach
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano BR-785, hydraulic disc, Ice-Tech resin pads w/fins, 160mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano BR-785, hydraulic disc, Ice-Tech resin pads w/fins, 140mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano ST-RS685, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano ST-RS685, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed, 11-28t
- CRANKSET: FSA SL-K Light
- FRONT WHEEL: DT Swiss R460 Disc Pro, QR
- REAR WHEEL: DT Swiss R460 Disc Pro, QR
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized S-Works Turbo, 700x24mm, 220TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized S-Works Turbo, 700x24mm, 220TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Toupé Expert Gel, Adaptive Edge design, hollow titanium rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon, 20mm offset
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17TARMACEXPERTDISC
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.