Ride in greater confidence with the Specialized Tarmac Comp Disc Road Bike 2017. The FACT 10r carbon frame and fork increase stiffness and rigidity for a more efficient ride, whilst the Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed groupset pushes a wider range of gearing that’ll see you spinning up climbs faster than ever before. The Shimano BR-785 hydraulic disc brakes offer great power at your fingertips, inspiring confidence on descents.
Specialized Tarmac Comp Disc Road Bike 2017
Specialized Tarmac Comp Disc Road Bike 2017
The Specialized Tarmac Comp Disc Road Bike 2017 is derived from the Grand Tour winning Tarmac that both Peter Sagan and Alberto Contador ride. It’s lightweight, strong, durable, comfortable and efficient through every aspect; whether you’re climbing up testing gradients or sprinting ahead of the pack, this bike can do it all.
Using a FACT 10r carbon frame, Specialized have been able to drastically reduce the weight of the Tarmac and integrate the use of full internal cable routing to further enhance its aerodynamic profile. This internal cable routing also elongates the life of components by protecting cables from the elements - perfect if you’re riding in a wide range of weather conditions.
The FACT full carbon fork has been designed to not just reduce the overall weight of the bike, but also produce greater comfort over rougher surfaces. The carbon layup absorbs all road vibration and chatter to keep you riding stronger for longer, whilst the Rider-First Engineered design of the frame ensures you get the best carbon layup and geometry possible.
Each tube size and thickness of carbon within the Rider First Engineered design produces the optimal balance of rigidity, weight and responsiveness - so no matter what size frame you’re riding, whether it be a 49cm or a 61cm, everyone gets the same performance enhancing features.
Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed gearing is the pinnacle of high-speed shifting. Its wide link design increases rigidity and reduces shifting deflection, whilst also delivering more equal shifting efforts throughout the full range of the cassette. Teamed with an 11-28t cassette, this drivetrain offers more than enough gear range to get you up steeper climbs and powering down technical descents.
Incorporating disc brakes, specifically the super reliable Shimano BR-785 hydraulic disc brakes, takes your versatility on the Tarmac Comp Disc to a whole new level. These brakes perform equally well in the wet as they do in the dry, so when you step out the door in the morning and it’s pouring down with rain, there’s no need to worry.
Your descending capabilities will also increase with these disc brakes. Hitting higher speeds for longer periods of time, you can brake later than ever before, and with Specialized Axis Elite Disc wheels and Specialized S-Works Turbo 700x24mm tyres, you’ll be cornering at higher speeds, too.
The wheels stay strong when sprinting out the saddle for a more efficient ride, while the tyres enhance grip and traction in all aspects of your ride. With their high-quality construction, you’ll also be riding for longer without any punctures thanks to the BlackBelt protection Specialized have used.
- The Specialized FACT 10r carbon frame combines the lightweight performance and compliance of Specialized’s top-end carbon production methods with their Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac
- A Specialized S-Works FACT full carbon fork with tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents. It's also designed for disc brakes, so you won't experience any lurch or degradation in performance
- Shimano BR-785 hydraulic disc brakes deliver smooth modulation and lever feel, and more importantly, incredible stopping power in any condition
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 10r carbon, threaded BB, full internal cable routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 135mm rear spacing
- FORK: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon, full monocoque, size-specific taper, disc
- STEM: 3D-forged alloy, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Shallow Drop Comp, 6061 double-butted alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm reach, 31.8mm
- TAPE: Specialized Roubaix w/stickygel
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano BR-785, hydraulic disc, Ice-Tech resin pads w/fins, 160mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano BR-785, hydraulic disc, Ice-Tech resin pads w/fins, 140mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano ST-RS685, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano ST-RS685, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed, 11-28t
- CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra Compact
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Axis Elite Disc, QR
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Axis Elite Disc, QR
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized S-Works Turbo, 700x24mm, 220TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized S-Works Turbo, 700x24mm, 220TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Toupé Comp Gel, Adaptive Edge design, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Comp carbon, single bolt
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17TARMACCOMPDISC
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.