The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 29 2017 is a true pedigree on the trails. Its lightweight FACT 9m carbon fibre frame provides a stable base to take big hits and manoeuvre through technical terrain, whilst the RockShox Pike RC and RockShox Monarch suspension combination absorbs all big impacts and enhances control.
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Another step up in the Specialized Stumpjumper range; with an incredibly lightweight FACT 9m carbon fibre frame, the perfect blend of efficient, capable components to ensure you can hit switchbacks and rock gardens harder than ever before and a proven Trail Geometry that inspires confidence on the descents - the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017 is back, and it’s more trail-specific than ever.
The FACT 9m carbon fibre Trail Chassis is, as previously stated, lightweight and stiff. This offers a responsive and snappy front end that can manoeuvre through technical terrain without so much as batting an eyelid. The rear end is constructed with a Stumpjumper FSR specific M5 alloy rear end that absorbs that bumps and keeps your rear wheel pinned to the deck for a more efficient and handling-focused ride.
The integrated SWAT™ door that sits behind the bottle cage on the downtube allows you to store tools, pumps and even sandwiches inside the frame. This cut-out doesn’t compromise rigidity of the frame thanks to the reinforced carbon fibre layup around the bottom bracket, keeping the Stumpjumper as efficient as it has always been.
A RockShox Pike RC 29/27.5+ front fork with 150mm of travel absorbs every big hit and impact that lays in your path, keeping your control at optimum levels and enhancing confidence on rocky/rooty sections at an all time high. The RockShox Monarch RT3 rear shock features rebound and compression adjustment, allowing you to perfect the customisation of your bike to keep your rear end completely planted.
SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes are the ideal brakes to incorporate on a bike of this nature. These brakes increase stopping power, control, reliability and heat modulation ten-fold through their 160/180/200mm rotors, and perform as well in the wet as they do in the dry - ensuring you’ll never just be a fair-weather mountain biker.
Specialized have instilled their confidence in SRAM’s X1 rear derailleur to provide all the spin for steep climbs and power for surging along the flats. This wide range of gearing is controlled by SRAM’s GX shift levers and a RaceFace Aeffect crankset that can take rock strikes with ease and keep your power transfer incredibly efficient.
Roval Traverse 29 wheels are used throughout the Stumpjumper range and for good reason. Strong, stiff and able to withstand big impacts, these wheels are the ideal choice and are connected via Specialized Butcher and Slaughter GRID tyres. These tyres increase grip and puncture protection for a more reliable, enjoyable and handling-focused ride.
Finished with a Specialized Command Post IRcc dropper post that allows you to chop and change your position on the bike at a moment's notice.
- FACT 9m carbon fibre Trail Chassis with Stumpjumper FSR M5 alloy rear end blends stiffness with light weight to form the pinnacle of efficiency, while fully enclosed cable routing and an integrated SWAT™ Door create exceptional handling and zero-hassle storage.
- RockShox Pike RC 29 fork features a 15mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle and 150mm of plush travel to take on big hits and bumpy terrain with supreme confidence and efficiency.
- Roval Traverse 29 2Bliss Ready wheels provide a strong, stable platform that's built to deliver heaps of responsiveness, speed, and supreme handling.
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9m, carbon front chassis, M5 alloy rear end, Trail Geometry, SWAT™ Door integration, PF30 BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, ManFu link, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 135mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox Pike RC 29/27.5+, Solo Air, compression and rebound adjust, tapered steerer, 15x110mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 51mm offset, 150mm travel
- REAR SHOCK: RockShox Monarch RT3, Rx Trail Tune, AUTOSAG, rebound and 3-position compression adjust, 197x48mm
- STEM: Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Trail, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 750mm width, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 200/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 180/160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X1 Type 2.1, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CRANKSET: RaceFace Aeffect, 6000-series alloy, 24mm spindle, 52mm chainline
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready
- REAR WHEEL: Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Butcher, GRID casing, 29x2.3", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Slaughter, GRID casing, 29x2.3", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Command Post IRcc, 12 position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm travel
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17SJFSREXPERTCARBON29
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.