The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017 is Specialized’s answer to getting out on the trails and testing your skill. It features a unique blend of lightweight performance and affordability thanks to the incorporation of a strong, durable frame and capable components that’ll allow you to conquer any rock garden, corner or gradient you set your eyes on.
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Lightweight, strong and packed to the brim with high-end components: The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017 truly is a thing of beauty. Everything from the ground up has been designed to give the rider the most agile and responsive ride possible thanks to the Trail Geometry that Specialized have worked so hard to create.
The M5 alloy Trail Chassis with a Stumpjumper FSR specific rear end provides a beautiful blend of snappy front end handling and rear end durability, allowing you to maneuver around rock gardens and technical terrain. Thanks to this stronger rear end, if the worst does happen and you do strike an object or take the wrong line, you’ll be safe in the knowledge knowing that the rear end can absorb the blow.
Another way that the Stumpjumper differentiates itself from the rest of the trail-specific market is the SWAT Door technology that Specialized introduced to the market earlier this year. This technology allows you to store mini pumps, multi tools and even sandwiches in the downtube, snuggly fitted behind an integrated water bottle cage. This has been proven not to compromise rigidity, too - thanks to the reinforced carbon fibre around this area.
A RockShox Revelation RL 29 fork with 150mm of plush travel has been sourced to soak up the hits with its lockout and rebound adjustment which offers full customisation to suit your riding style. The 15mm Maxle Lite thru-axle further enhances rigidity and control by stiffening up the front end, too. The RockShox Monarch RT rear shock increases this comfort even further by putting an end to any bumpy, uncomfortable trail inconsistencies.
SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes are known for their immense braking capabilities and great heat modulation, allowing you to perform at the top of your game throughout your run.
SRAM’s GX drivetrain gives enough spin to climb technical, steep gradients and enough power to surge along the flats. This drivetrain also absorbs rock strikes with ease, ensuring that if your SRAM XG-1150 cassette or RaceFace Aeffect crankarm gets hit, there’ll be minimal damage.
Roval Traverse 29 wheels offer great compliance on the trail, without affecting any efficiency or ride quality. They stay stiff and lightweight throughout tough, technical rock gardens and soak up any inconsistencies over roots. The Specialized Butcher and Slaughter GRID combination provides total control on the trail, too, thanks to their immense grip and puncture protection.
Finished with a Specialized Command Post IRCC dropper seatpost, you are now able to chop and change your position at a moment's notice. The dropper seatpost provides 12 micro-height adjustments on the trail, at the flick of a button.
- M5 alloy Trail Chassis with Stumpjumper FSR rear end blends durability, stiffness, and lightweight, while 135mm of travel Trail Geometry provide more than capable handling
- RockShox Revelation RL 29 fork features a 15mm Maxle Lite thru-axle and 150mm of plush travel to take on hits and bumpy terrain with more control and confidence
- Roval Traverse 29 wheels provide a strong, stable platform that's built to deliver heaps of responsiveness, speed, and supreme handling
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized M5 alloy, Trail Geometry, PF30 BB, internal cable routing, ManFu link, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 135mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox Revelation RL 29/27.5+, Solo Air spring, lockout and rebound adjust, 15x110mm Maxle Lite thru-axle, 51mm offset, 150mm travel
- REAR SHOCK: RockShox Monarch RT, Rx Trail Tune, AUTOSAG, rebound and 2-position compression adjust, 197x48mm
- STEM: Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 750mm width
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 200/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 180/160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CRANKSET: RaceFace Aeffect, 6000-series alloy, 24mm spindle, 52mm chainline
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready
- REAR WHEEL: Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Butcher, GRID casing, 29x2.3", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Slaughter, GRID casing, 29x2.3", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Command Post IRcc, 12 position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm travel
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17SJFSRCOMP29
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.