The Specialized Sequoia Merz SE Adventure Bike 2017 is the epitome of comfort, technological advancement and long-distance riding thanks to its integration with two of the world’s most influential frame builders; Specialized and Jim Merz. Available in an incredibly limited number, this bike uses Cr-Mo tubing, a FACT carbon fork and a range of componentry designed to let you go the distance.
Specialized Sequoia Merz SE Adventure Road Bike 2017
Specialized Sequoia Merz SE Adventure Bike 2017
Exploring the great outdoors really makes you appreciate the incredible amount of technology and development that has gone into your bike, but no name is perhaps more influential than legendary frame builder, Jim Merz. Merz was the pioneering designer for Mike Sinyard in the early days of Specialized back in 1982, and used all his technological knowledge and experience creating the most beautiful custom frames, to bring to the mass market. With this, the Specialized Sequoia Merz SE Adventure Bike 2017, Merz and Specialized have worked together one more time to create a bike that’s truly ready to go the distance.
Giving you the personalisation and individuality you yearn for when riding, every single version of this bike is hand numbered and only produced one time, with an extremely limited number being made available to the market.
The Sequoia is constructed from Specialized’s renowned Cr-Mo tubing, which offers more comfort and vibration absorption than many other frames on the market, making it perfect for heading out off the beaten track or riding for days, even weeks at a time, soaking up the miles. Of course, the frame is supremely lightweight for its durability, but also features Adventure Geometry that provides ample confidence over rough terrain and ample mudguard, rack and water mounts allow you to carry everything you need for your next adventure.
Of course, a lot of things have changed since 1982, and a FACT carbon fork is incorporated to take the sting out of rougher roads. An extra water bottle mount on the fork leg increases your time being able to spent on the bike, too, all whilst internal cable routing keeps your components from coming into contact with the elements.
Specialized Adventure Gear Cruzero wheels have been hand built to be tough and strong, whilst the Specialized Adventure Gear Sawtooth, which are 2Bliss Ready, increase puncture protection and ensure you have the optimum levels of grip, whatever surface you’re riding on.
SRAM’s Force 1 rear derailleur, 11-speed with an 11-42T cassette gives a wide range of spin to get you up climbs and along the flats when you’re exhausted, and a SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc braking system ensures reliable and predictable braking when you need it most.
- Incredibly limited edition Jim Merz designed frame, constructed with Specialized high-end Cr-Mo and stainless steel tubing for optimum durability
- High strength, low weight fork keeps you comfortable in the front end, absorbing all the vibrations
- SRAM Force 1 rear derailleur with an 11-42T cassette gives a huge range of spin
- SRAM Rival 1 hydraulic disc braking system ensures reliable and predictable braking when you need it most
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Heat-treated custom-butted Premium Cr-Mo & stainless steel size- specific tubing, internal light cable routing, Adventure Geometry, flat disc mount, fender/rack mounts, stainless steel drive-side chainstay
- FORK: Specialized FACT carbon, tapered, internal light cable routing, flat mount disc, water bottle/rack/fender mounts
- STEM: Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Adventure Gear Hover
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Rival 1, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Force Hydraulic Disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Force 1, Type 2.1, long cage, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Force Hydraulic Disc
- CASSETTE: Shimano Deore XT, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CRANKSET: SRAM Force Carbon X-SYNC w/ 42T
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Adventure Gear Cruzero
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Adventure Gear Cruzero
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Adventure Gear Sawtooth, 2Bliss Ready, 700x42mm
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Adventure Gear Sawtooth, 2Bliss Ready, 700x42mm
- SADDLE: Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single bolt, reflective, 27.2mm
PRODUCT REF: 17SEQUOIA-MERZ
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using Tracked Post or DHL for fast and reliable deliveries. To see delivery options and delivery times, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return unused and unopened purchased items.
Please note we cannot accept any goods back if the original packaging is opened. For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Specialized Sequoia Merz SE Adventure Road Bike 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.