Specialized S-Works Epic Hardtail XX1 Eagle Mountain Bike 2018
If you thought road bike frames were the lightest, then think again. The Specialized, the S-Works Epic Hardtail XX1 Eagle Mountain Bike 2018 utilises S-Works FACT 12m carbon fibre to produce the lightest, fastest and most performance orientated frame Specialized have made to date. With an S-Works layup and XC specific geometry, this bike has been designed to both go the distance and do it at a higher pace than you thought was ever possible.
Applauded for its impressively responsive handling, the S-Works Epic gives you everything you ever yearn for when out on the course. Its front end gives unparalleled control thanks to a custom RockShox SID World Cup fork with 90/100mm of travel which also smooths out big impacts, whilst the Specialized S-Works Carbon Mini Rise handlebars put your hands in the perfect position to maneuver around technical rock gardens. The frame also uses 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axles which are renowned for incredible strength and therefore efficiency to keep you riding stronger and harder.
Doing away with the rear shock means the overall weight of the frame and bike is dramatically reduced, increasing your ease up steep gradients. This lower weight also improves handling, ensuring you can shred through turns and brake later as you have less propulsion to deal with when hurtling downhill.
Getting up hill isn’t just down to weight though - selecting the correct range of gears is also another huge obstacle, but with the SRAM XX1 Eagle 12-speed drivetrain, you get the spin you need to get up supremely harsh climbs. This drivetrain is known as the most high-performance, durable gearing system on the market, and when equipped with the 10-50t cassette, you won’t ever complain of tired legs.
With all these speed increasing features, you need a set of brakes to keep you in control. Specialized have handed this over the SRAM with their Level Ultimate hydraulic discs with 160/180mm rotors. Known for impressive heat modulation, these disc brakes will keep your stopping power in check no matter whether you’re at the top of a descent or the bottom - the performance stays the same.
- To provide the optimal blend of stiffness, crazy light weight, and strength, Specialized constructed the frame from their S-Works FACT 12m carbon fibre, and when combined with XC 29 Geometry, this Epic is guaranteed to deliver uncompromising, blistering speed and agile handling come race day—no matter the course
- The RockShox SID World Cup 29 fork with Brain provides 90/100mm of efficient travel. It features Brain technology that distinguishes between terrain and rider input in order to maximize your power, while a Brain Fade adjusts the oil flow when not hitting bumps
- The 1x drivetrain is controlled by SRAM's venerable XX1 Eagle™ components to form the ultimate in efficiency and intuitive feel, while also having the added benefit of significant weight savings and minimal required maintenance
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized S-Works FACT 12m, full carbon frame w/ S-Works layup, XC Geometry, internal split-housing cable routing, PF30 BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK: Custom RockShox SID World Cup w/ Brain, top-mount Brain Fade adjust, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered carbon crown/steerer, 15x110mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 90/100mm of travel, 51mm offset
- STEM: Specialized S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- GRIPS: Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized S-Works Carbon Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc, carbon lever, titanium hardware, organic pads, 160/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc, carbon lever, titanium hardware, organic pads, 160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM XX1 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM XX1 Eagle™, 12-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM XX1 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t
- CRANKSET: SRAM XX1 Eagle, 175/170mm crankarm, 30mm spindle
- FRONT WHEEL: TBA
- REAR WHEEL: TBA
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry S-Works Phenom, carbon rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon, 27.2mm, 0mm setback, carbon rail clamps
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 18SWEPICHTXX1EAGLE
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.