Ridden by the likes of Troy Brosnan, the Specialized S-Works Demo 8 Disc Downhill Mountain Bike 2017 is the pinnacle of race-winning performance. It’s lightweight, strong and durable thanks to the FACT 11m carbon fibre frame and can take on any rock garden or feature you can imagine with a RockShox BoXXer Team 650b front fork and a Custom Öhlins TTX rear shock.
Specialized S-Works Demo 8 Disc Downhill Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized S-Works Demo 8 Disc Downhill Mountain Bike 2017
Aggressive, relentless and above all - fast. The Specialized S-Works Demo 8 Disc Downhill Mountain Bike 2017 is a World-Cup winning, proven pedigree in the gravity market. Ridden by the likes of Troy Brosnan to multiple downhill victories, everything about the S-Works Demo 8 Disc is designed to make you not just fast, but the fastest.
The frame of the S-Works Demo 8 is constructed from full FACT 11m carbon fibre that produces an incredible ratio of stiffness to weight, allowing you to manoeuvre through rock gardens and hit jumps with greater confidence. S3 geometry also increases this responsiveness and 200mm of travel in the rear ensures if you take a big hit, you’ll continue heading down the hill.
Specialized understand that to ride to your full capability, you need a suspension combination that’ll absorb all the big hits on the track. Luckily, they’ve incorporated the legendary RockShox BoXXer Team 650b fork with 200mm of travel and a Custom Öhlins TTX rear shock. These two work together to take on anything that lays in your path, whether that be a technical rock garden or a huge feature - they’ll keep you riding strong and fast.
Seeking the extensive experience of SRAM within the downhill market, Specialized have used SRAM’s XO1 7-speed rear derailleur for all things gear related. This rear derailleur is incredibly strong, durable and precise for shifting at high speeds. The short cage ensures rock strikes are surpassable and the XO DH shift levers are ergonomically shaped to your fingers for split-second shifting.
Custom SRAM Guide brakes with 200/180mm rotors present great heat modulation throughout your runs, dispersing heat and keeping your braking as performance focused as possible. Whether you’re at the top of the run or at the bottom, this braking system is sure to perform at its optimum level.
A Specialized disc front wheel and Custom DT Swiss rear are ideal for this level of downhill bike, too. When combined, these wheels are supremely strong and durable, whilst the Specialized Butcher and Slaughter tyres with downhill casing enhance grip and puncture protection.
- The frame features a full FACT 11m carbon fibre construction for low weight and heightened levels of strength and stiffness, which is amplified by its asymmetrical frame design that still leaves plenty of access. This has also been paired with Specialized’s proven S3 Geometry that increases manoeuvrability and responsiveness, while the 200mm of travel at the rear makes the bike capable of taking on the biggest of hits in stride
- RockShox BoXXer Team 650b fork is nothing short of legendary. With 200mm of travel, a Charger Damper for maximum efficiency, and Power Bulge reinforced lower legs that allow oversized bushings for incredible stiffness, it's easy to see why it's such a fan favourite for gravity fiends
- Custom SRAM Guide RS brakes w/ Code calipers provide powerful, precise, and highly adjustable braking. They are based on a four-piston caliper design that puts out smooth, dependable stopping power, while the Reach Adjust feature allows you to customise the position for easy, one-finger lever pulls. And with SRAM's SwingLink technology, the cam system minimises deadband without sacrificing modulation
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 11m, S3 Geometry, carbon front triangle, full carbon link and rear end, FACT IS construction, BB30, full internal cable routing, 135mm dropouts, lipped and sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox BoXXer Team 650b, coil spring, S: Extra soft spring, M: Soft spring, L: Medium spring, XL: Firm spring, 200mm of travel, charger damper, compression adjust, rebound adjust, alloy steerer, 48mm offset, Maxle Lite DH
- REAR SHOCK: Custom Öhlins TTX, Twin-Tube desgin, high and low-speed compression adjust, rebound adjust, 9.5x3"
- STEM: Specialized P.Series MTB, forged alloy, 4-bolt, 45mm
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized DH, FACT carbon, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Custom SRAM Guide, Guide lever with Code 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 200mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Custom SRAM Guide, Guide lever with Code 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 180mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: XO DH, 7-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X01 DH, short cage, 7-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: XO DH, 7-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM X01 DH, 7-speed, 10-24t
- CRANKSET: SRAM X0 DH, BB30, carbon arms, triple base w/Gamut bashguard 165mm
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized disc, alloy flange & disc mount, sealed cartridge bearings, 20mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR WHEEL: Custom DT Swiss 350, 135mm spacing, SRAM XD driver, 54T ratchet, 12mm thru-axle, 32h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Butcher, DH casing, 650bx2.5", 60TPI, wire bead
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Slaughter, DH casing, 650bx2.3", 60TPI, wire bead
- SADDLE: Specialized Phenom Expert, Adaptive Edge design, hollow titanium rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Thomson, alloy, straight, 12-degree clamp
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17DEMOSW8CARBON
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.