The Specialized Rockhopper Sport 29 Mountain Bike 2017 is the perfect option for riders looking to hit the trails with confidence and comfort. The premium A1 aluminium frame combines with the impact-dampening SR Suntour fork to provide lasting comfort while Shimano hydraulic disc brakes ensure powerful braking in both the wet and dry.
Specialized Rockhopper Sport 29 Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Rockhopper Sport 29 Mountain Bike 2017
Hit the trails with confidence with the Specialized Rockhopper Sport 29 Mountain Bike 2017. Designed to suit both the keen off-road rider and those who are just dirt-curious, the Rockhopper Sport 29 is built on a platform of comfort and performance.
Specialized's legendary Rockhopper is ready again for durable off-road performance and the Trail 29 Geometry leaves you feeling confident and balanced whether you are travelling at speed or balancing through a technical section of trail.
Coupled with the Rockhopper frameset is the dampening prowess of the SR Suntour XCM front fork, which offers 80 or 100mm of travel depending on the frame size. The coil-sprung suspension is designed to take both big hits and to dampen out vibration without any unwanted pogoing effects.
Moving beyond the frameset, gearing has been taken care of with Shimano's 8-speed drivetrain. This affords a wide range of gearing options that are more than capable of helping you power up tough gradients.
Shimano also provides the braking in the form of their BL-M315 hydraulic disc brakes. These brakes are designed to perform in both the wet and the dry and the large 180/160mm rotor size does a fantastic job of dissipating heat and maintaining braking responsiveness.
Specialized's Ground Control Sport 29 tyres keep you firmly planted on the trail and the Flak Jacket puncture protection makes sure any unwanted contact with sharp objects does not deflate your off-road experience.
The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Premium aluminium in order to provide a compliant and durable platform to support Specialized's acclaimed Trail 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and eager to get down to business on descents
Custom SR Suntour XCM fork features 80/100mm (size-specific) of coil-sprung suspension travel that swings well above its weight class
A Shimano Alivio rear derailleur controls the rear shifting with durable assurance. It shifts along a wide gear range, 11-34t, so you can ride confidently knowing that you'll always have the right gear for the hill at hand
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium, Trail 29 Geometry ORE down tube, butted tube sets, externally relieved head tube, forged dropouts, reinforced disc mount, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- FORK: SR Suntour XCM, coil spring, hydraulic lock-out w/Multi-Circuit Damping, 80/100mm of travel (size specific)
- HEADSET: Specialized
- STEM: Stout, 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm clamp, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Stout, alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS: Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano BL-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Altus
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Altus, 34.9mm clamp, down-swing, 7/8-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Alivio, Shadow design, SGS cage, 9-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Altus, 8-speed
- CASSETTE: Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN: KMC X8, 8-speed w/reusable MissingLink
- CRANKSET: Stout, forged alloy construction, 8-speed, 44/32/22T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- PEDALS: Specialized Fitness platform
- FRONT WHEEL: Stout 29, alloy disc, double-wall, pinned joint, 20mm inner width, 32h, Shimano Center Lock, disc, 9x100mm QR, 32h
- REAR WHEEL: Stout 29, alloy disc, double-wall, pinned joint, 20mm inner width, 32h, Shimano Center Lock, disc, 10x135mm QR, 32h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Ground Control Sport, 29x2.1", 60TPI, wire bead, Flak Jacket protection
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Ground Control Sport, 29x2.1", 60TPI, wire bead, Flak Jacket protection
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17ROCKHOPPERSPORT29
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.