The Specialized Rhyme Expert Carbon 6Fattie Womens Mountain Bike 2017 is designed from the ground up. 6Fattie tyres increase grip, control and inspire confidence in the corners, downhill sections and technical climbs, whilst the FACT 9m carbon frame provides a lightweight, reliable base to shred the trails on.
Specialized Rhyme Expert Carbon 6Fattie Womens Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Rhyme Expert Carbon 6Fattie Womens Mountain Bike 2017
Increasing traction, grip and control is a pretty endearing feat. You can’t just slap a pair of big tyres on a bike and call it a fat bike, it calls for precise geometry upgrades and components that are designed for the job. The Specialized Rhyme Expert Carbon 6Fattie Womens Mountain Bike 2017 is a long time in the making, but Specialized have truly got it right with this mid-sized fat bike.
Everything from the FACT 9m carbon fibre Trail Chassis to the FOX FLOAT Factory DPS rear shock with Specialized’s Women’s Rx Trail Tune has been addressed to accommodate the 6Fattie Purgatory Control 650b x 3.0” tyres, especially Specialized’s Diamond Stay rear triangle that makes this all possible. The Diamond Stay increases handling, control and rigidity on technical sections, specifically for their larger tyre bikes.
The frame is incredibly lightweight, functional and efficient on every aspect of the trail. Fully enclosed cable routing increases the cables durability over long distances, reducing any impact of hits or bumps on the components. An integrated SWAT (Storage, Water, Air and Tools) Door on the downtube ensures you don’t need to carry anything in your jersey pockets, and it doesn’t affect the stiffness or handling of the frame either.
The geometry of the Rhyme Expert has been redeveloped for 6Fattie wheels, too. The 6Fattie Geometry inspires confidence with a more lively feel, enabling you to take on anything that lays in your path. From technical rock gardens to flowing singletracks littered with berms, this bike has you covered.
With such an ambitious frame, it’s only suitable that the suspension matches up to its pedigree. FOX FLOAT Factory DPS and FOX 34 Plus Performance Elite offer 150mm travel for bump, big hits and jump absorbing efficiency, making sure you’re comfortable throughout every phase of your ride. The FOX 34 Plus Performance Elite fork also has 3-positions of compression adjustment, allowing you to tune your ride to your preference.
Shimano Deore XT disc brakes provide a whole new level of stopping power, perfect for times when you’re not quite sure what’s ahead or if you’re reaching new speeds and not too sure if you have the bottle to maintain it.
SRAM’s X1 drivetrain is ideal for taking on the trails due to its one-by setup. It eliminates any chain slipping, which can cost you valuable time when riding, and it also reduces weight. The range of gearing is impressive, too, giving you the option to spin up climbs or attack on the descents.
The 29mm-wide Roval Traverse wheels are hand-built to provide great tension and absorb any impacts you may come across. Backed up by Specialized 6Fattie tyres that enhance grip, control and confidence in corners, downhill sections and tricky, technical climbs - and the Specialized Rhyme FSR Expert Carbon 6Fattie womens Mountain Bike 2017 is one of the best on the market.
The FACT 9m carbon fibre Trail Chassis with a Rhyme FSR 6Fattie M5 alloy rear end with 148mm spacing blends stiffness with light weight to reach the pinnacle of efficiency, while fully enclosed cable routing and an integrated SWAT Door create exceptional handling and zero-hassle storage. The frame also features Specialized’s Trail 6Fattie Geometry that adds to confidence, fit, and performance
Connected with Specialized’s FSR 6-Pack Linkage, 135mm of Active and Independent FSR rear suspension is provided by a custom FOX FLOAT Factory DPS rear shock that's received Specialized’s own Women's Rx Trail Tune, providing a lighter tune for female riders who love to get rowdy
29mm-wide Roval Traverse wheels are hand-built to provide the perfect tension and a longer lifespan, while an ultra-wide alloy design allows for higher tyre volumes that decrease deflection in order to provide more stability and increased traction
Every component and touchpoint of the bike, from the handlebars to saddle to the crankarm length, is tailored for both women and rider size
Please note: Image shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9m carbon, Trail 6Fattie Geometry, FACT IS carbon construction, M5 alloy rear triangle, SWAT Door integration, PF30 BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, 148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 135mm travel
- REAR SHOCK: FOX FLOAT Factory DPS, AUTOSAG, Women's Rx Trail Tune, Kashima coating, 197x47.6mm
- FORK: FOX 34 Plus Performance Elite, 150mm travel, 3-position compression adjust, tapered steerer, 51mm offset, 15mm thru-axle
- HEADSET: Hella Flush, 1-1/8" and 1-1/2" threadless, Campy style upper w/ 1-1/2" lower, cartridge bearings
- STEM: Specialized XC, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized, 7050 alloy, 8-backsweep, 6-upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm, 31.8mm
- GRIPS: Specialized Sip Grip, lock-on, half-waffle, regular thickness
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Deore XT, Ice-Tech metallic pads
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Deore XT, Ice-Tech metallic pads
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano XT, Servo Wave, I-spec II compatible, tool-free reach adjust
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X01, 11-speed, carbon cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM X1, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1180, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CHAIN: SRAM PC-X1, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Custom SRAM S-2200, carbon, PF30 spindle, 28T, direct mount
- BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM, PF30, OS press-in bearings, sealed cartridge
- PEDALS: Nylon, CEN std., w/ toe clips
- RIMS: Roval Traverse 650b, alloy, disc, 29mm wide, 24/28h
- FRONT HUB: Roval Traverse, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h
- REAR HUB: Roval Traverse, SRAM XX1 XD driver body, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized 6Fattie Purgatory Control, 60TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 650bx3.0"
- REAR TYRE: Specialized 6Fattie Ground Control, 60TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 650bx3.0"
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Women's Myth Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Command Post IRcc, cruiser control technology, micro-adjust height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote adjust SRL lever, 30.9mm, XS/S: 75mm travel, M: 100mm travel
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 16RHYMEFSREXPTCARB
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.