It’s not all about efficiency and speed up the hills - the Specialized Fuse Expert Carbon 6Fattie 2017 is all about speed and fun, offering you the ability to rip and shred around the trails. Constructed with a super lightweight FACT 10m carbon fibre frame and laced with capable components, this bike is ready to inject a new love of the mountains into your rides.
Specialized Fuse Expert Carbon 6Fattie Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Fuse Expert Carbon 6Fattie Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Whereas most hardtails are designed to be efficient over long distances, Specialized took a slightly different approach with the Specialized Fuse Expert 6Fattie 2017. The sole purpose of this bike is to go hard, go fast and not stop for anything - a true shredding machine that can handle both the big features of the bike park and long days in the saddle, grinding out the miles.
The FACT 10m carbon fibre frame construction is ideal for a bike of this pedigree, providing the beautiful blend of stiffness and efficiency we all yearn for when out climbing steep gradients and speeding down technical singletrack. The integrated SWAT™ Door increases the Fuse’s versatility, allowing you to store multi-tools, inner tubes and even sandwiches behind the bottle cage on the downtube.
To take on the big hits and smoothen out your ride, Specialized have sought the help of FOX with their Rhythm FLOAT 34. This front fork provides 120mm of plush travel that soaks up the bumps, roots and rocks of the trail, whilst still giving a responsive ride feel, even when taking impacts.
What truly sets this bike apart from the rest of the hardtails are the 650bx3.0” wheel/tyre combination. This ‘6Fattie’ approach to tyres has been proven to provide greater levels of grip, traction and rolling speed - ensuring that when you’re going downhill, you’re going as fast as you can.
To tame this incredible speed, SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes have to command the braking. These hydraulic disc brakes modulate heat efficiently, allowing you to brake with the same power throughout your ride, no matter if you’ve just conquered a long section of singletrack or you’re just heading out the door.
A SRAM X1 drivetrain has been specifically chosen for its durability, high-quality build construction and wide range of gears. The rear derailleur provides 11-gears, getting you up those steep, technical sections and powering down long, flowing trails.
- FACT 10m carbon fibre frame construction blends stiffness with light weight to form the pinnacle of efficiency, while internal routing tubes and an integrated SWAT™ Door create a tidy aesthetic and zero-hassle storage.
- FOX Rhythm FLOAT 34 is the latest trail-taming fork from the masterminds at FOX, offering two-position sweep adjust and 120mm of plush travel.
- 650bx3.0" 6Fattie Purgatory and Ground Control tyres feature a perfectly sized contact patch for life-changing levels of traction and control while cornering, all without sacrificing climbing efficiency or descending prowess. And with a GRID casing protecting the sidewalls, these tyres will stand up to anything the trail can throw at them.
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 10m carbon fibre, SWAT™ Door down tube storage w/internal routing tubes, tapered head tube, 148x12mm thru-axle rear hub spacing, 160mm post mount disc, threaded bottom bracket
- FORK: FOX Rhythm FLOAT 34, air spring, 2-position Sweep Adjustment, 15x110mm thru-axle, 120mm travel
- STEM: Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Trail, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 750mm width, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 200/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 180/160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X1, Type 2.1, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1175, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CRANKSET: RaceFace Turbine Cinch crankset, alloy, 30mm spindle, direct-mount chainring, 52mm chainline, 11-speed
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 110x15mm thru-axle, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Command Post IRcc, 12 position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm travel
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17FUSEEXPERTCARBON6FATTIE
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.