Going "fat" doesn't have to mean going slow, in fact, with the Specialized Fatboy SE Mountain Bike 2017 it means quite the opposite. With a hardy M4 alloy frameset, SRAM's 10-speed groupset and of course, the ground-breaking traction of the 4.6" tyres just about any terrain can be overcome.
Specialized Fatboy SE Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Fatboy SE Mountain Bike 2017
Where other riders have slammed on the brakes because the terrain ahead looks too daunting, the Specialized Fatboy SE Mountain Bike 2017 lets you plough ahead thanks to its ultra-grippy 4.6" wide Ground Control tyres. These fat tyres work seamlessly with the M4 alloy frameset to create a lightweight, strong and responsive riding experience that will redefine your off-road experience.
Housing those fat tyres are the strong and fast rolling Specialized Stout XC 90 rims. The combination of these rims and tyres ensures smooth and fast rolling, no matter how choppy the trail gets.
When it comes to pedalling, the Fatboy SE has you covered with SRAM's 10-speed X5 system, which is more than capable of propelling you up and down tough gradients. Couple with this the stopping power of the Tektro Aries disc brake system and you have a combination that gives you the confidence and freedom to reach your potential on the mountain bike.
The frame features an M4 alloy construction that provides the ideal blend of efficiency and durability, while the geometry offers a roomy top tube and short chainstays for easy climbing and confident descending.
The alloy fork with air-formed legs is lightweight and pairs up perfectly with the fat wheel system to soak up trail chatter and bumps.
Specialized's Stout XC 90 alloy rims have been laced to Stout XC hubs to form a wheelset that's dependable, rugged, and efficient. So whether you're trail riding or ploughing through the snow, these wheels will be the perfect mix of performance and strength.
26x.4.6" Ground Control tyres help soak up bumps, while also providing a game-changing level of traction, control, and floatation for better handling out in the wild.
A custom Samox 2x10 crankset features an alloy construction to provide a crankset that offers up strength, durability, and plenty of gear range for climbing.
Image shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized M4 Premium Aluminium, fully-butted w/ smooth welds, tapered head tube, post-mount disc dropouts, 190mm rear hub spacing, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- FORK: Specialized, alloy, air-formed legs, tapered alloy steerer, 135mm hub spacing, open QR dropouts
- HEADSET: 1-1/8" upper, 1-1/2" lower, threadless, Campy style, cartridge bearings
- STEM: Specialized XC, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized XC, butted 6061 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 31.8mm
- GRIPS: Specialized Body Geometry XCT Contour, Kraton w/ gel, lock-on
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro Aries, mechanical disc, organic pads
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro Aries, mechanical disc, organic pads
- BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro, mechanical disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: SRAM X5, 2x10, low direct mount
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X5, 10-speed, long cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM X5, 2x10, trigger
- CASSETTE: Sunrace, 10-speed, 11-36t
- CHAIN: KMC X10, 10-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink
- CRANKSET: Specialized Stout XC, forged alloy, 2x10, PF30, Cr-Mo spindle, 36/22T, 104mm BCD spider
- PEDALS: Alloy, 1 pc. body, 9/16", w/ reflectors
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Stout XC 90, disc, alloy, single wall, 90mm wide, sleeve joint, hookless design, 32h rim, Specialized Stout XC 135, Hi Lo disc, double-sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 32h hub
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Stout XC 90, disc, alloy, single wall, 90mm wide, sleeve joint, hookless design, 32h rim, Specialized Stout XC 190, Hi Lo disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, XD driver body, 197mm wide, 12mm thru axle, 32h hub
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Ground Control, 120TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 26x4.6"
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Ground Control, 120TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 26x4.6"
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry mountain, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Alloy, 2-bolt, 12.5mm offset, 30.9mm, anti-corrosion hardware
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 16FATBOYSE
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using Tracked Post or DHL for fast and reliable deliveries. To see delivery options and delivery times, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return unused and unopened purchased items.
Please note we cannot accept any goods back if the original packaging is opened. For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Specialized Fatboy SE Mountain Bike 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.