The Specialized Epic Hardtail Expert Carbon World Cup 2017 is proven on the cross-country race scene, providing a lightweight, strong and stable base for riders to lay their power down and get across the line faster than ever before. Well, with the FACT 10m carbon fibre frame, a RockShox SID front fork and Shimano Deore SLX M7000 hydraulic brakes, this is further enhanced, giving you all the performance enhancing features you need to hit speeds higher than ever before and maintain them, too.
Specialized Epic Hardtail Expert Carbon WC Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Epic Hardtail Expert Carbon WC Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Tipping the scales at a minuscule 1175g, the frame of the Specialized Epic Hardtail is one the lightest frames Specialized has ever made, but it’s not just the frame that has completely revolutionised the cross-country scene. The Specialized Epic Hardtail Expert Carbon World Cup 2017 hosts a vast range of race-proven components that have been specifically chosen to enhance every aspect of your ride; from climbing up technical terrain to hitting new speeds on singletrack - this bike can do it all.
At the heart of this incredible bike is the FACT 10m constructed frame. Lightweight, stiff, durable and strong - this frame is ideal for cross-country racing, especially as it boasts the best power transfer efficiency you’ll ever find within a hardtail.
The incorporation of Specialized XC 29 Geometry further enhances the climbing and technical capabilities of the Epic Expert Carbon, pinning focus on explosive speed and nimble handling rather than a more relaxed, enduring ride, much like other hardtails.
A fully customised and intelligent front fork, the RockShox SID Brain 29, provides 100mm of trail absorbing travel - but it’s not just any standard front fork. This fork features Brain technology which not only soaks up bumps, but can differentiate between the terrains pressure on the front of the bike and the riders input - this maximises power by stiffening up when impact comes from the rider, but adjusts oil flow when on the flats.
SRAM’s X1 drivetrain has been recruited by Specialized to further enhance efficiency and power transfer. This system provides a wide range of gearing to tackle steep, technical sections of the course, whilst giving enough stiffness and strength to withstand unforeseen rock strikes. The gearing is controlled through SRAM’s X1 gear lever and provides precise, reliable shifting throughout every stage of your ride.
Shimano Deore SLX M7000 hydraulic disc brakes are a further upgrade from the base Epic Hardtail model - providing unparalleled stopping power and reliability through a vast range of conditions.
Roval Control wheels with DT Swiss Internals command the incredible strength and stiffness of the rear end, alongside the M5 alloy rear end. This wheelset stops any flex when putting down the power and takes the brunt of the impacts when riding over technical terrain. The Specialized Fast Trak 29x2.2” tyres further enhance this, providing optimum levels of grip and puncture protection for a more controlled and reliable ride.
- By pairing a FACT 10m carbon fibre frame with Specialized’s XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on tight tube angles and extremely light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit. For good measure, Specialized also gave it 148mm rear spacing and all-new triangulated post-mount brake mounts
- The Custom RockShox SID 29 w/ Brain fork provides 90/100mm of efficient travel. It features Brain technology that distinguishes between terrain and rider input in order to maximise your power, while a Brain Fade adjusts the oil flow when not hitting bumps
- A SRAM X1 rear derailleur controls a wide range of gears with reliable precision
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 10m, full carbon, XC Geometry, internal split-housing cable routing, PF30 BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK: Custom RockShox SID w/Brain, Position Sensitive damper, bottom-mount Brain Fade adjust, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 110x15mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 90/100mm travel, 51mm offset
- STEM: Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Mini-rise, 7050 alloy, 8-backsweep, 6-upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Deore SLX M7000, hydraulic disc, metallic pad, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Deore SLX M7000, hydraulic disc, metallic pad, 160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM X1, 11-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X1 Type 2.1, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM X1, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CRANKSET: RaceFace Aeffect, 6000-series alloy, 24mm spindle, 52mm chainline
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval Control, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 32h
- REAR WHEEL: Roval Control, DT Swiss internals, 36T engagement, XD driver body, 12x148mm, 32h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, Control casing, 29x2.2", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, Control casing, 29x2.2", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17EPICHTEXPERTCARBONWC29
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.