When you want to power past the opposition, hit new speeds and enhance your control through technical terrain, you need a bike that’s matched to your abilities. The Specialized Epic FSR Expert Carbon World Cup 2017 is that bike - with a range of components to push your performance to new heights. An incredibly lightweight and strong FACT 9m carbon fibre frame works alongside the custom RockShox SID front fork for a responsive and explosive ride.
Specialized Epic FSR Expert Carbon World Cup Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Epic FSR Expert Carbon World Cup Disc Mountain Bike 2017
There’s no doubt that the Specialized Epic FSR Expert Carbon World Cup 2017 is purpose-built for racing. It’s laced with high-performance components that have been specifically chosen to increase efficiency, speed and comfort - all without adding any weight. Starting off this illustrious list is actually the frame:
Constructed from Specialized’s FACT 9m carbon fibre with an M5 alloy rear end, this frame is incredibly lightweight, strong and stiff - ensuring that whatever power you put down, none of it will be wasted. The Specialized World Cup XC 29 Geometry was also developed solely for World Cup XC racing, and therefore focuses on explosive speed and nimble handling when out on the race circuit. This is further enhanced by shorter tube lengths and chainstays.
A fully customised and intelligent front fork, the RockShox SID Brain 29, provides 100mm of trail absorbing travel - but it’s not just any standard front fork. This fork features Brain technology which not only soaks up bumps, but can differentiate between the terrains pressure on the front of the bike and the riders input - this maximises power by stiffening up when impact comes from the rider, but adjusts oil flow when on the flats.
SRAM’s X1 drivetrain has been recruited by Specialized to further enhance efficiency and power transfer. This system provides a wide range of gearing to tackle steep, technical sections of the course, whilst giving enough stiffness and strength to withstand unforeseen rock strikes. The gearing is controlled through SRAM’s X1 gear lever and provides precise, reliable shifting throughout every stage of your ride.
Roval Control wheels with DT Swiss Internals command the incredible strength and stiffness of the rear end, alongside the M5 alloy rear end. This wheelset stops any flex when putting down the power and takes the brunt of the impacts when riding over technical terrain. The Specialized Fast Trak 29x2.2” tyres further enhance this, providing optimum levels of grip and puncture protection for a more controlled and reliable ride.
- By pairing a FACT 9m carbon fibre frame w/ an M5 alloy rear end with Specialized’s World Cup XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on tight tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit
- The RockShox SID Brain 29 fork provides 100mm of efficient travel. It features Brain technology that distinguishes between terrain and rider input in order to maximise your power, while a Brain Fade adjusts the oil flow when not hitting bumps
- A SRAM X1 rear derailleur controls a wide range of gears with reliable precision
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9m, carbon front triangle, M5 alloy rear end, XC Geometry, MFS chainstay, PF30 BB, carbon headset cups, 12x142mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 95mm of travel, SWAT™ tool cradle
- FORK: Custom RockShox SID w/Brain, Position Sensitive damper, top-mount Brain Fade adjust, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 100mm of travel, 46mm offset
- STEM: Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Mini-rise, 7050 alloy, 8-backsweep, 6-upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Deore SLX M7000, hydraulic disc, metallic pad, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Deore SLX M7000, hydraulic disc, metallic pad, 160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM X1, 11-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X1 Type 2.1, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM X1, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CRANKSET: RaceFace Aeffect, 6000-series alloy, 24mm spindle, 49mm chainline
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval Control, sealed bearings, 15x100mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR WHEEL: Roval Control, DT Swiss internals, 36T engagement, XD driver body, 12x142mm, 32h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, Control casing, 29x2.2", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, Control casing, 29x2.2", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17EPICFSREXPERTCARBONWC
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.