Whether you’re riding for fun or heading out in pursuit of a podium place, the Specialized Epic FSR Comp Carbon World Cup Mountain Bike 2017 is undeniably a pure pedigree in the world of cross-country racing. A lightweight FACT 9m carbon fibre frame alongside a RockShox Reba RL front fork account for the manoeuvrability and control in demanding situations, whilst a SRAM GX 11-speed rear derailleur provides all the gearing you need to take on testing terrain.
Specialized Epic FSR Comp Carbon World Cup Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Epic FSR Comp Carbon World Cup Mountain Bike 2017
The Specialized Epic FSR Comp Carbon World Cup Mountain Bike 2017 is Specialized’s answer to unparalleled speed on the cross-country course. It features a wide range of components that have been specifically chosen to enhance power transfer and ride stiffness, allowing you to transfer energy into blistering speed and explosive acceleration when you need it most.
The FACT 9m carbon fibre frame with an M5 alloy FSR rear end tightens up everything, ensuring no power is lost when taking on technical terrain. Its lightweight, strong nature means you can take a more aggressive line over roots and rocks without breaking a sweat, whilst the World Cup XC 29 Geometry enhances climbing prowess.
By incorporating a custom RockShox Reba RL fork, Specialized have been able to further enhance the impact absorption of the Epic FSR Comp with a smooth and adjustable 100mm of travel. This fork allows you to dial in your ideal compression and rebound for a truly customised ride.
Specialized have instilled their confidence into SRAM’s GX 11-speed drivetrain to take control of their gearing. This drivetrain is incredibly stiff and efficient, allowing you to transfer every ounce of energy into pure speed, whilst the SRAM NX 11-speed trigger is ergonomically shaped to your fingertips for quick, precise and above all, reliable shifting.
Shimano M506 hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors produce great braking prowess, allowing you to get to corners at higher speeds, then stopping in ample amounts of time. These brakes also produce the same levels of reliability in the wet as they do in the dry, so you can go out in confidence when the weather takes a turn for the worst.
Using a Specialized disc wheelset with Specialized Fast Trak tyres, Specialized further produce even greater grip in poor conditions, alongside enhancing puncture resistance for a much faster and reliable ride. These wheels stay strong and stiff, too, ensuring that when you lay down the power, nothing is lost through flex in the wheels.
- By pairing a FACT 9m carbon fibre frame with an M5 alloy rear end with Specialized’s World Cup XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on tight tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit.
- A custom RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up 100mm of smooth travel, while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjusts permit you to customise the feel according to the terrain at hand. *SRAM's GX 11-speed rear derailleur is tough, reliable, and incredibly precise.
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9m, carbon front triangle, M5 alloy rear end, XC Geometry, MFS chainstay, PF30 BB, carbon headset cups, 12x142mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 95mm of travel, SWAT™ tool cradle
- FORK: Custom RockShox Reba RL, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 100mm of travel, 51mm offset
- STEM: Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Mini-rise, 6000 alloy, 8-backsweep, 6-upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano M506, hydraulic disc, resin pad, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano M506, hydraulic disc, resin pad, 160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM NX, 11-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM NX, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CRANKSET: RaceFace Aeffect, 6000-series alloy, 24mm spindle, 49mm chainline
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings,15x100mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings,12x142mm thru-axle, 32h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, Control casing, 29x2.2", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, Control casing, 29x2.2", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17EPICFSRCOMPCARBONWC
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Specialized Epic FSR Comp Carbon World Cup Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.