Race proven geometry in World Cups, performance enhancing components that also provide great comfort, and a FACT 9m carbon fibre, lightweight frame for the ultimate in efficiency, the Specialized Epic FSR Comp Carbon WC 29 Mountain Bike 2016 is the pinnacle of race specific, on-trail riding.
Specialized Epic FSR Comp Carbon WC 29 Mountain Bike 2016
Specialized Epic FSR Comp Carbon WC 29 Mountain Bike 2016
Using Specialized’s coveted FACT 9m carbon fibre, alongside their World Cup proven geometry, the Specialized Epic FSR Comp Carbon WC 29 Mountain Bike 2016 is a seriously nimble, agile and above all, high-performance mountain bike that’s designed to take your riding to the next level.
Incorporating fully-custom front and rear suspension, Specialized allow you to perfect the feel of the Epic FSR Comp Carbon, and with the Custom FOX/Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock with AUTOSAG, 95mm of tuneable suspension is at your fingertips. The Mini Brain provides maximum efficiency through the backend by differentiating between staying strong and firm when sprinting and giving a good level of suspension for absorbing on-trail bumps.This ensures there’s no loss of power and maximum efficiency is achieved through every stage of your ride.
100mm of front travel through the RockShox Reba RL 29 fork with rebound adjustments adds to this efficiency and comfort, whilst the Roval 29 alloy wheels take impacts in their stride due to their stiff and lightweight nature. Shimano’s Deore hydraulic disc brakes enhance this comfort by providing strong, reliable stopping power on any terrain, and twinned with the roval wheels, will give you enough bite in the turns to push you past the opposition.
SRAM 1x11 drivetrain puts this bike above the rest, though, with smooth-shifting whatever the terrain.
- By pairing a FACT 9m carbon fibre frame w/ a M5 alloy rear end with our World Cup XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on tight tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy setup and 95mm of fine-tuneable suspension. To maximise efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain
- A RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up 100mm of smooth travel, while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjust permits you to customise the feel according to the terrain
- Roval 29 alloy wheels feature a 21mm internal width, making them plenty stiff and lightweight for XC racing
- The drivetrain is comprised of a mix of SRAM 1x11 components, hand-selected to provide maximum performance at a more palatable value. The GX and S-1000 components deliver crisp shifting and reliable precision—no matter what direction you're pointing the bike on the trail
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9m carbon, World Cup XC 29 Geometry, M5 rear triangle, carbon PF30 BB, carbon headset cups, 142mm dropouts, internal cable routing, PM 160 rear brake, SWAT tool cradle
- REAR SHOCK: FOX/Specialized remote Mini Brain, AUTOSAG, Brain Fade adjust I-Valve, 200x48mm
- FORK: RockShox Reba RL 29, Solo Air spring, 100mm travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 46mm offset, 15mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle
- HEADSET: 1-1/8" upper, 1-1/2" lower, threadless, Campy style, cartridge bearings
- STEM: Specialized Stout XC, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise, anti-corrosion hardware
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized, butted 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm, 31.8mm
- GRIPS: Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Deore BR-M506, hydraulic disc, dual piston, resin pads
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Deore BR-M506, hydraulic disc, dual piston, resin pads
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX X Horizon, 11-speed, alloy cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CHAIN: KMC X11L, 11-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink
- CRANKSET: SRAM GX-1000, 11-speed, PF30, 30T X-Sync ring, 94mm BCD spider
- PEDALS: Nylon, CEN std., w/ toe clips
- RIMS: Roval 29, alloy, 21mm inner width, 32h
- FRONT HUB: Specialized, Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR HUB: Specialized, Hi Lo disc, 4x sealed cartridge bearings, 12mm thru-axle, 32h
- SPOKES: DT Swiss Industry, stainless
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized S-Works Fast Trak, 120TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.0"
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak Control, 60TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.0"
- INNER TUBES: Standard, Presta valve
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER: Alloy, 31.6mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 16EPICOMP29
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.