Specialized Epic Expert Mountain Bike 2018
With a lightweight carbon frame, industry-leading suspension technology and a ready to race build kit, the Specialized Epic Expert Mountain Bike 2018 is ready to perform on every level. Everything about this bike has been redesigned, and it even features Specialized’s XC Geometry that’s been honed for impressive control, stability and responsive handling on the roughest of surfaces.
Utilising Specialized’s FACT 11m carbon fibre, the frame is impressively low in weight, but also commands incredible stiffness, strength and the durability you need when heading out for a full day of exploring/racing.
Frame and fork working together in perfect unison, the RockShox SID 29 provides 100mm of plush, impact absorbing travel to keep your front end in check. Its 100x15mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle increases rigidity and durability, allowing you to sprint out the saddle in last ditch efforts for the line or send bigger drops without falter.
The RockShox/Specialized Micro Brain shock is in charge of the rear end, ensuring it stays planted and efficient on those harsh, bumpy trails that would otherwise slow your speed. These two suspension systems are ideal for each other, reacting quickly to soften blows and get you back from impacts to full-scale, eye watering speed.
SRAM Level TL hydraulic disc brakes are the ideal choice for a bike of this nature, offering incredibly powerful, reliable and predictable braking at the squeeze of a level. The disc brakes modulate heat efficiently, meaning you can both feather them or brake late and you’ll get the same impressive stopping power.
12-speed shifting is providing as courtesy of SRAM GX Eagle, and a 10-50t cassette gives a wide range of spin to get you up the steepest of climbs. This drivetrain is designed to take a beating, and the Truvativ Stylo crankset stays strong and rigid for powerful sprints out the saddle and last ditch efforts for the line.
- Full fact 11m carbon fibre frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver an off-the-hook race bike
- The new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on
- Custom RockShox SID fork with Brain features a top-adjust Brain fade, and a custom offset to make it suitable for the new Epic
- The 12-speed SRAM GX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagle at a doable price point
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 11m, full carbon frame, XC Geometry, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox SID 29 w/ Brain, tapered alloy steerer, bottom-adjust Brain Fade, Solo Air, 110x15mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 100mm of travel, 42mm offset,
- REAR SHOCK: RockShox/Specialized Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm
- STEM: Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- GRIPS: Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Mini-rise, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160 rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM XX1 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t
- CRANKSET: Truvativ Stylo, 6K alloy, Boost™ 148, 24mm spindle
- FRONT WHEEL: TBA
- REAR WHEEL: TBA
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 21mm offset, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 18EPICEXP
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.