Specialized Epic Comp Carbon Womens Mountain Bike 2018
Head out onto the course with the greatest confidence in your ride with the Specialized Epic Comp Carbon Womens Mountain Bike 2018. Designed to tame rowdy rock gardens, quad searing ascents and give the punchy accelerations you need to explode away from the pack, this bike truly is one a kind.
The full FACT 11m carbon fibre frame has every ounce of performance pumped into it, but stays impressively low weight for responsive, snappy handling that’ll see you negotiating the course without worry. It features Specialized’s tried and tested XC Geometry that has been ridden to multiple World Cup wins by none other than pro rider, Kate Courtney, and is lauded as a supremely comfortable, yet stiff and agile bike.
RockShox’s Reba RL 29 front fork offers 100mm of plush, impact absorbing suspension to keep your handling controlled and easily maneuverable, whilst the RX Women’s Tune is a testament to Specialized’s understanding of the different sexes. This tuning gives a completely different, reactive base to the Men’s version, following from years of research and development.
In the rear, RockShox’s Brain with the Women’s RX Tune keeps the tyre on the ground and you pedalling more efficiently than ever. A fast and reactive rebound means your rear end isn’t squabbling with the technical terrain as you plow through rock gardens, and whatever way you point the front end, your rear will follow with ease.
Of course, all this immense speed and impact absorption is nothing without strong, reliable braking that’ll see you efficiently scrubbing speed before the turns, and that’s provided with SRAM’s Level TL hydraulic brake set. A mixture of 160/180mm rotors enhances your confidence on those long, winding descents that see’s you feathering the brakes continuously, whilst impressive heat modulation ensures you get the same performance whether it’s pouring down with rain of blazing with sunshine.
SRAM GX 11-speed gearing with an 11-42t cassette gives a wide range of spin to get you up both the steepest of climbs and fastest descents. Applauded for its ability to take on rock strikes and crashes without falter, this gear system keeps your legs spinning in the right gear and shifts faster than most other drivetrains.
Finished with Roval 29 Control wheels and Specialized Fast Trak tyres, everything about this bike is ready to perform. These wheels are supremely strong and lightweight, keeping your handling snappy and nimble, whilst the tyres are fast rolling yet offer the grip you yearn for on loose, loamy surfaces.
- Full fact 11m carbon fibre frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver an off-the-hook race bike
- The new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on
- A RockShox Reba RL fork soaks up the bumps up front, and features both compression and rebound adjustments
- An 11-speed SRAM GX groupset handles shifting duties, bringing the convenience of one-by to your XC rig
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized Specialized FACT 11m, full carbon frame, XC Geometry, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox Reba RL 29, Solo Air, compression / rebound adjust, tapered alloy steerer, 42mm offset, 110x15mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 100mm of travel, RX Women's Tune
- REAR SHOCK: RockShox Brain, Women's Rx Tune, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm
- STEM: Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- GRIPS: Specialized Sip Grip, half waffle
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Mini-rise, 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160 rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, trigger, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, trigger, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG 1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CRANKSET: Race Face Aeffect, 6000 Series alloy
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval Control 29, hookless alloy, 22mm internal width, tubeless-ready, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Roval Control 29, hookless alloy, 22mm internal width, tubeless-ready, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Myth Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 18EPICCOMPWMS
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.