Specialized Epic Comp Carbon Mountain Bike 2018
Enter the world of high-speed mountain bike racing with the Specialized Epic Comp Carbon Mountain Bike 2018. Constructed with a supremely low weight FACT 11m carbon fibre, the frame is responsive, rigid and allows you to speed off from the pack with greater efficiency, all whilst giving the snappy handling you’ve come to expect from the Specialized Epic.
Specialized’s XC Geometry has been tested over the years by many of the world's best, and is now proven in multiple World Cup dominations by the Specialized Factory Racing Team. It puts you in the most efficient yet aggressive position possible on the bike, meaning you can react to those split second attacks and put down the power with an immediate increase in speed.
The front end is kept in control by the RockShox Reba RL 29, which is renowned for its impressive impact absorption and control over the roughest of surfaces. Its 110x15mm Maxle Sealth thru-axle increases efficiency and durability, taking the brunt of each and every bump to keep your handling nimble and balanced.
Of course, the rear end of the bike is where you lay down the power, and the RockShox/Specialized Micro Brain keeps everything in check. Its AUTOSAG technology reduces the amount of energy lost on the trail, whilst it also keeps the rear wheel firmly planted to the floor, so when you do want to sit back and accelerate up steep climbs, you can do so with the greatest efficiency available.
SRAM’s GX, 11-speed rear derailleur and 10-42t cassette furthers this climbing ability, ensuring you’re in the right gear at the flick of a button and giving you enough spin to stop any complaint that any gradient is too steep.
SRAM Level TL hydraulic disc brakes are behind the impressive braking performance of the Epic Comp Carbon and provides immense stopping power in a wide range of situations. Whether you’re at the top of a climb or at the foot of it, you’ll get the same braking power throughout.
Roval Control 29 wheels equipped with Specialized Fast Trak tyres are the perfect choice for a bike of this nature, keeping the handling snappy, agile and responsive, whilst the overall weight is kept to a minimum. The tyres ensure you don’t need to worry about punctures over rough surfaces, and provide all the grip you need to corner faster and descent in confidence.
- Full FACT 11m carbon fibre frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver an off-the-hook race bike. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on
- A RockShox Reba RL fork soaks up the bumps up front, and features both compression and rebound adjustments
- An 11-speed SRAM GX groupset handles shifting duties, bringing the convenience of one-by to your XC rig
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 11m, full carbon frame, XC Geometry, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox Reba RL 29, Solo Air, compression / rebound adjust, tapered alloy steerer, 110x15mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 100mm of travel, 42mm offset
- REAR SHOCK: RockShox/Specialized Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm
- STEM: Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- GRIPS: Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Mini-rise, 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160 rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, trigger, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, trigger, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t
- CRANKSET: Race Face Aeffect, 6000 Series alloy
- FRONT TYRE: Roval Control 29, hookless alloy, 22mm internal width, tubeless-ready, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Roval Control 29, hookless alloy, 22mm internal width, tubeless-ready, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 18EPICCOMPCRB
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.