When you’re ready to step into the world of road cycling, the Specialized Dolce Womens Road Bike 2017 can’t be overlooked. It has a lightweight A1 Premium Aluminium frame that provides the stability and durability you need when riding on the road, whilst a FACT carbon fibre fork absorbs road vibrations for a more comfortable ride. The wide range of Shimano Claris 2400 8-speed gearing gives you that extra push when you need it, too.
Specialized Dolce Womens Road Bike 2017
Specialized Dolce Womens Road Bike 2017
Whether you’re looking for your first road bike or you’re a seasoned road rider, you can’t deny that the Specialized Dolce Women’s Road Bike 2017 is one of the most versatile and capable road bikes on the market. It has been constructed from Specialized's renowned A1 Premium Aluminium that commands a low weight and high stiffness ratio, making it ideal for everything from your ride to work to testing your fitness on Sunday club runs.
Incorporating a strong and study, not to mention lightweight, FACT carbon fibre fork, Specialized have been able to increase the responsiveness and control of the Dolce. The Zertz inserts also absorb any road chatter and vibrations, meaning you’ll ride in confidence and comfort throughout every phase of your next adventure.
Shimano Claris 2400, 8-speed is a welcomed feature in the Dolce. This drivetrain has a wide range of gearing that’s aimed towards first-time riders, instead of being equipped with pro-level gearing that’s much harsher on the legs. With 16 gears, you can truly find your preferred riding style over long distances, taking on testing climbs and speeding down the descents.
Shimano Claris is also notorious for being easy to maintain, so if anything does happen when you’re out on your ride, you can fix it yourself instead of having to take it into your local bike shop. The shift levers are also Shimano Claris 2400 STI, which control the braking of the highly-regarded Tektro caliper brakes.
The Tektro caliper brakes are ideal on a road bike of this level, as they offer the perfect amount of braking power, combined with great reliability inside a lightweight and durable package. Specialized Axis Sport wheels are what these brakes are slowing down and for good reason. These wheels are lightweight, strong and stable - ensuring no applied power is lost through flex within the rims, whilst Specialized Espoir Sport 700x25mm tyres enhance grip and traction in a wide range of weather.
All-in-all, the Specialized Dolce Womens Road Bike 2017 is the perfect choice for first-time riders and cyclists who have had some time off the bike, too. It’s lightweight, strong and durable enough to ensure you don’t need to worry about maintenance too often, whilst the wide range of gearing is perfect for spinning up climbs or testing your fitness when you want to head off for long days in the saddle.
- The Dolce Sport’s sturdy and reliable A1 Premium Aluminium frame is built with Specialized’s Women’s Endurance Geometry and delivers two important benefits. This geo improves stability and handling for confident control when climbing and descending, while also putting you in a less aggressive and more natural ride position. Result? Hours of comfortable riding
- Subcompact, 48/32T chainrings give you ample gearing to get up the steepest of climbs without sacrificing your ability go hard on the flats
- Shimano Claris 2400 8-speed shifting is built to last over the long haul, and it's well-equipped to deliver precise shifts across a wide range of gears
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium, Women's Endurance Geometry, women's fully-manipulated tube sets, 1-1/8" lower bearing
- FORK: Specialized FACT carbon fibre, alloy steerer/crown, Zertz inserts
- STEM: Alloy, 7-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro, caliper, dual pivot, long reach
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro, caliper, dual pivot, long reach
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Claris 2400 STI
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Claris 2400, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Claris 2400, 8-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Claris 2400 STI 8-speed
- CASSETTE: Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-32t
- CRANKSET: FSA Gossamer Pro crankset, Direct mount ABS, 8/9/10-speed
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Axis Sport
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Axis Sport
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Espoir Sport, 700x25mm, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Espoir Sport, 700x25mm, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Women's Riva Sport Plus, steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Sport, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17DOLCE
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.