When you’re riding on the road, you need a bike that’s comfortable, stable and most of all, enjoyable to ride. The Specialized Dolce Elite E5 Womens Road Bike 2017 has been specifically designed to enhance all of these traits, giving you all the features you need to head out for your next adventure. The frame is constructed with Specialized’s E5 Premium Aluminium that’s lightweight and efficient, whilst the full carbon fork absorbs any road vibrations, further enhancing your comfort.
Specialized Dolce Elite E5 Womens Road Bike 2017
Specialized Dolce Elite E5 Womens Road Bike 2017
As the next step up in the Specialized Dolce range, the Specialized Dolce Elite E5 Womens Road Bike 2017 holds some significant features to push you further in your pursuit for both speed, distance and jaw-dropping backgrounds. An upgrade in terms of the frame and drivetrain are the main differences between the Elite E5 and the Sport models, making this lighter and more efficient, with a wider range of gearing, too.
At the heart of the Dolce Elite E5 is the E5 Premium Aluminium frame. This frame is reliable, study and with Specialized’s Women’s Endurance Geometry, delivers a strong, stable base for you to test your fitness over a range of terrains. Using D’Aluisio Smartweld Technology, Specialized have been able to reduce the number of welds with the frame - increasing the stiffness and reducing the weight drastically.
The geometry has also been designed to improve stability and handling through a more upright, endurance position, whilst also mixing in confidence when descending.
Specialized have also managed to improve comfort at the front end by using their full carbon fork with Zertz inserts. This fork is strong and offers responsive handling, for a much livelier ride, but the Zertz inserts are behind the comfort. These inserts act as micro-suspension within the fork and absorb all road chatter and vibration, giving you, the rider a much more enjoyable experience.
Incorporating a wider range of gearing into the Dolce Elite E5 means that when you encounter a climb, you have a vast selection of gears to choose from to get up it. Whether you like sitting back and enjoying the view or perhaps you want to test yourself by sprinting up it, this gearing gives you the versatility to do it. Tiagra is also known to be incredibly easy to maintain, ensuring that if anything does happen by the side of the road, it’s not ride ending.
Specialized AXIS 1.0 brakes enable powerful, controlled and reliable braking for a much more confidence inspired ride. These brakes act as well in the wet as they do in the dry, too, so if the weather takes a turn for the worse, you won’t need to walk your bike home.
Specialized Axis Sport wheels and Specialized Espoir Sport 700x25mm tyres are used to take efficiency to new heights. Whereas other wheels around this point in the range may be heavy and hard to accelerate/maintain speed with, the Axis Sport’s are lightweight and strong enough for a wide variety of riding styles. The tyres further enhance this, increasing grip and traction in a wide range of conditions.
- The Dolce's sturdy and reliable E5 Premium Aluminium frame w/ D’Aluisio Smartweld technology is built with Specialized’s Women’s Endurance Geometry and delivers two important benefits. This geo improves stability and handling for confident control when climbing and descending, while also putting you in a less aggressive and more natural ride position. Result? Hours of comfortable riding
- The agile and responsive FACT carbon fork features Zertz inserts to absorb road roughness and give you a smoother ride
- Shimano Sora 9-speed shifting is nothing short of legendary. It's built to last over the long haul, and it's well-equipped to deliver precise shifts across a wide range of gears
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized E5 Premium Aluminium w/D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology, Women's Endurance Geometry, women's fully-manipulated tube sets w/smooth welds, Zertz, 1-1/8" lower bearing
- FORK: Specialized Ruby, full carbon monocoque w/Zertz
- STEM: Alloy, 7-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach
- FRONT BRAKE: Specialized AXIS 1.0
- REAR BRAKE: Specialized AXIS 1.0
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra STI 4700, 10-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra 4700, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra 4700, long cage, 10-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra STI 4700, 10-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Tiagra 4700, 10-speed, 11-32t
- CRANKSET: Praxis Alba 50/34
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Axis Sport
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Axis Sport
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Espoir Sport, 700x25mm, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Espoir Sport, 700x25mm, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Women's Riva Sport Plus, steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Sport, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17DOLCEELITEE5
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
We ship to over 100 countries using Tracked Post or DHL for fast and reliable deliveries. To see delivery options and delivery times, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return your order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact, undamaged and tags attached. For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Specialized Dolce Elite E5 Womens Road Bike 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.