Laced with World-Cup winning components such as a RockShox BoXXer RC 650b front fork and a Custom Öhlins TTX rear shock, the Specialized Demo 8 I Carbon Disc Mountain Bike 2017 is poised to send your speeds when heading downhill to the next level. It’s incredibly lightweight, strong and stiff frame allows for enhanced manoeuvrability, whilst the SRAM Guide R hydraulic brakes are perfect for quick, effective braking efforts.
Specialized Demo 8 I Carbon Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Demo 8 I Carbon Disc Mountain Bike 2017
The Specialized Demo 8 I Carbon Disc Mountain Bike 2017 is renowned as one of the most sought after downhill bikes on the market and for good reason. The frame is constructed from Specialized FACT 10m carbon frame that’s incredibly strong, durable and lightweight, ensuring your control of the bike is constantly at optimum levels, whilst any big hits you take are easily absorbed.
200mm of travel sounds like a lot, but you’ll be glad you have it when hitting huge jumps and taking a direct line straight over huge rock gardens. The RockShox BoXXer RC 650b front fork allows for complete compression adjustment so you can dial in your perfect preference, whilst absorbing anything that stands in your way.
A custom Öhlins TTX rear shock set this bike apart from the rest of the competition. Öhlins are known to produce world cup winning suspension that absorbs anything you roll over, so it’s only fitting that the Demo 8 I Carbon is twinned with this beautiful component.
SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes with 200/180mm rotors provide the immense braking power you need when taking on almost vertical gradients. These brakes also modulate heat unlike any other, ensuring you have the same braking power throughout your run.
Specialized Butcher DH 650bx2.3” tyres offer greater grip and puncture protection, even in wet conditions. These tyres, backed up by the Specialized disc 650b wheels, make for a truly incredible choice for any rider looking to get into the downhill scene.
- The frame features a full FACT 10m carbon fibre construction for low weight and heightened levels of strength and stiffness, which is amplified by its asymmetrical frame design that still leaves plenty of access. This has also been paired with Specialized’s proven S3 Geometry that increases manoeuvrability and responsiveness, while the 200mm of travel at the rear makes the bike capable of taking on the biggest of hits in stride.
- RockShox's BoXXer RC 650b fork is purposefully designed for the most demanding terrain on earth. With 200mm of travel, Motion Control IS damping for maximum efficiency, and Power Bulge reinforced lower legs that allow oversized bushings for incredible stiffness, it'll leave you with nothing but confidence.
- SRAM Guide RS brakes provide powerful, precise and highly adjustable braking. They're based on a four-piston caliper design that puts out smooth, dependable stopping power, while the Reach Adjust feature allows you to customise the position for easy, one-finger lever pulls. And with SRAM's SwingLink technology, the cam system minimises deadband without sacrificing modulation
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 10m carbon, S3 Geometry, carbon front triangle, carbon link and seatstay, FACT IS construction, BB30, full internal cable routing, 135mm dropouts, lipped and sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox BoXXer RC 650b, S: Extra soft spring, M: Soft spring, L: Medium spring, XL: Firm spring, 200mm of travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, alloy steerer, 48mm offset, Maxle Lite DH
- REAR SHOCK: Custom Öhlins TTX, Twin-Tube desgin, high and low-speed compression adjust, rebound adjust, 9.5x3"
- STEM: Specialized P.Series MTB, forged alloy, 4-bolt, 45mm
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized DH, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 800mm, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 200mm Centerline Rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 180mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, 7-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX DH, medium cage, 7-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, 7-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG-720 DH, 11-25t
- CRANKSET: SRAM Descendant, BB30, 7050 alloy arms, 165mm
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized disc, alloy flange & disc mount, sealed cartridge bearings, 20mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized disc, 12x135mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings, 32h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Butcher, DH casing, 650bx2.5", 60TPI, wire bead
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Slaughter, DH casing, 650bx2.3", 60TPI, wire bead
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 0mm setback, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17DEMO8ICARBON
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.