With World Cup winning components and a frame that’s equally as capable, the Specialized Demo 8 I Alloy Disc Mountain Bike 2017 is ready to take on any gradient you can imagine. The RockShox BoXXer RC front fork and FOX/Specialized Van RC rear shock ensure you can power through rock gardens, take on huge jumps and get to the line before anyone else.
Specialized Demo 8 I Alloy Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Demo 8 I Alloy Disc Mountain Bike 2017
When Specialized announced they were going to release an alloy version of their Specialized Demo 8, the entire downhill world was happy. Finally, a more entry-level friendly downhill bike without all the high-end specification you need to conquer the downhill gradients. Well, the wait is finally over and here it is - The Specialized Demo 8 I Alloy Disc Mountain Bike 2017.
Although it is packed to the brim with world-cup winning components, the frame is what really sets it apart. The Specialized M5 alloy frame is strong, stiff and ready to take on any berms, rock gardens and features you can imagine, whilst the internal cable routing protects from any rock strikes affecting the ability of your components.
200mm of travel sounds like a lot, but you’ll be glad you have it when hitting huge jumps and taking a direct line straight over huge rock gardens. The RockShox BoXXer RC 650b front fork allows for complete compression adjustment so you can dial in your perfect preference, whilst absorbing anything that stands in your way.
The FOX/Specialized Van RC rear shock is also something to behold, working in collaboration with the front fork to give you the most comfortable and enduring suspension package on the market.
When you’re heading downhill at vision-blurring speeds, you don’t necessarily think about your gearing, so Specialized incorporated the SRAM GX Tyre 2.1 10-speed rear derailleur for these kind of eventualities. Maybe you’re sprinting for the line, or the chairlift has shut down and you fancy a test - this is when the gearing comes into its own.
SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes with 200/180mm rotors provide the immense braking power you need when taking on almost vertical gradients. These brakes also modulate heat unlike any other, ensuring you have the same braking power throughout your run.
Specialized Butcher DH 650bx2.3” tyres offer greater grip and puncture protection, even in wet conditions. These tyres, backed up by the Specialized disc 650b wheels, make for a truly incredible choice for any rider looking to get into the downhill scene.
- M5 alloy construction works in tandem with Specialized’s S3 Geometry, an asymmetric frame design, and a 1.5” forged head tube to create the ultimate race machine. The design is relatively compact in order to increase manoeuvrability and responsiveness, while the 200mm of travel at the rear makes the bike capable of taking on the biggest of hits in its stride. And to fill out all of the details that make the difference on race day, Specialized have included an ISCG ‘05 mount for chain guides and a rear derailleur protector to keep you shifting smoothly through rock gardens.
- The RockShox BoXXer RC 650b fork is purposefully designed for the most demanding terrain on earth. With 200mm of travel, Motion Control IS damping for maximum efficiency, and Power Bulge reinforced lower legs that allow oversized bushings for incredible stiffness, it'll leave you with nothing but confidence.
- SRAM Guide R brakes provide powerful, precise, and highly adjustable braking. They are based on a four-piston caliper design that puts out smooth, dependable stopping power, while the Reach Adjust feature allows you to customise the position for easy, one-finger lever pulls. And with SRAM's SwingLink technology, the cam system minimises deadband without sacrificing modulation.
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized M5 alloy, S3 Geometry, carbon link and seatstay, BB30, full internal cable routing, 135mm dropouts, lipped and sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox BoXXer RC 650b, S: Extra soft spring, M: Soft spring, L: Medium spring, XL: Firm spring, 200mm of travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, alloy steerer, 48mm offset, Maxle Lite DH
- REAR SHOCK: FOX/Specialized Van RC, rebound & compression adjust, 9.5x3.0"
- STEM: Specialized P.Series MTB, forged alloy, 4-bolt, 45mm
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized DH, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 800mm, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 200mm Centerline rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, metallic pads, 180mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM X7, 10-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX Type 2.1, short cage, 10-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM X7, 10-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-36t
- CRANKSET: SRAM Descendant, BB30, 7050 alloy arms, 32T chainring, 165mm
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized disc, alloy flange & disc mount, sealed cartridge bearings, 20mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized disc, 12x135mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings, 32h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Butcher, DH casing, 650bx2.5", 60TPI, wire bead, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Slaughter, DH casing, 650bx2.3", 60TPI, wire bead, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 0mm setback, 30.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17DEMO8IALLOY
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
We ship to over 100 countries using Tracked Post or DHL for fast and reliable deliveries. To see delivery options and delivery times, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return your order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact, undamaged and tags attached. For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Specialized Demo 8 I Alloy Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.