Specialized Chisel Expert 1x Mountain Bike 2018
Step into the world of cross-country racing without breaking the bank with the Specialized Chisel Expert 1x Mountain Bike 2018. With a wide range of speed enhancing features, this bike utilises Specialized’s trickle down features from their renowned Epic, but at a price point more affordable for first time racers.
Constructed using Specialized’s D’Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, the overall weight of the bike is impressively low but it’s also incredibly durable, meaning you can head out day after day and keep riding in the knowledge your bikes integrity will never falter. Because of this low weight, you can throw it around the trails easier than ever, and when you point it in the direction you want it to go, it will.
The entire bike is kept in line with the RockShox Reba RL 29 front fork, which offers 100mm of plush, impact absorbing suspension. Softening the blows and enhancing control over rougher terrain, this suspension system offers a 51mm offset to ensure that when you’re facing down steep gradients, you get the stable handling you yearn for. When twinned with Specialized’s tried and tested XC Geometry that’s been tirelessly tested throughout multiple World Cup wins, you get a comfortable and aggressive position for greater performance around the course, too.
SRAM’s Level TL hydraulic disc brakes are a perfect outfit for such a speed orientated bike, giving consistent, reliable and powerful braking in every situation imaginable. Training on damp, wet day around your local loop or heading out onto a dry, dusty course? No problem, this brakeset will see you heading into corners and descending with immense confidence.
Keeping you spinning up hill and reducing fatigue, the SRAM GX 11-speed drivetrain offers a wide range of gearing to see your surging along the flats and overtaking your rivals on the climbs. Equipped with a 10-42t cassette, you get a much deserved and more efficient amount of gears to play with.
Specialized’s own brand Alloy 29 clinchers with Fast Trak tyres connect all of these impressive features to the trail and stay strong, nimble and agile for the duration of your ride. The tyres are designed to reduce rolling resistance whilst offering incredible grip and puncture protection to see you taking faster lines through the bends, and the wheels are lightweight and strong enough for day-in, day-out training and racing.
- Given its lightweight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminium was the natural choice for the frame's construction. And when complemented with Specialized’s speed-focused XC 29 Geometry, D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance
- A custom RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up 90/100mm of smooth travel (size-specific), while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjusts permit you to customize the feel according to the terrain at hand
- SRAM GX handles one-by shifting duties, practically eliminating dropped chains and reducing overall bike weight
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized D'Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK: RockShox Reba RL 29, Solo Air, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
- STEM: Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Mini-rise, 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160 rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, trigger, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, trigger, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM NX, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CRANKSET: Race Face Aeffect
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 18CHISELEXP1X
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.