Specialized Chisel Comp Mountain Bike 2018
If you’re looking to step into the world of cross-country racing, the Specialized Chisel Comp Mountain Bike 2018 is the place to start. Providing an impressive array of components that doesn’t break the bank, this mountain bike will keep you riding more efficiently and comfortably than ever, all whilst the XC Geometry puts you in the most aggressive position possible to negotiate the course.
Constructed using Specialized’s D’Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, the overall weight of the bike is impressively low but it’s also incredibly durable, meaning you can head out day after day and keep riding in the knowledge your bikes integrity will never falter. Because of this low weight, you can throw it around the trails easier than ever, and when you point it in the direction you want it to go, it will.
RockShox’s Judy 29 front fork provides 100mm of plush, impact absorbing travel to keep you more comfortable. The 51mm offset alongside the XC Geometry work together to keep your in the most efficient and stable position when pointing down steep gradients, too.
Shimano XT, 10-speed gearing gives the push you need to negotiate the trails and makes spinning up the long, engulfing climbs easier than ever. The 11-36t cassette furthers speed on rougher terrain, too.
Of course, with all this speed comes the need for reliable stopping power, and the Shimano MT500 Deore hydraulic disc brakes provide just that. Impressively modulating heat, these disc brakes keep the same performance throughout every stage of your ride, no matter the conditions.
- Given its lightweight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminium was the natural choice for the frame's construction. And when complemented with Specialized’s speed-focused XC 29 Geometry, D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance
- Rocks and bumps are soaked up via the RockShox Judy fork with 90/100 millimetres of travel (size-specific). It features proprietary technology from RockShox, like its Solo Air™ spring, that maintains an ideal equilibrium, as well as being one of the lightest air springs on the market
- The Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur is one of the most sought after components in mountain biking. It's remarkably reliable, precise and crisp in its shifting, and is nothing if not durable
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized D'Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK: RockShox Judy 29, Solo Air, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
- STEM: Specialized Alloy, 3D forged, 4-bolt, 6-degree
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Mini-rise, 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Deore, i-spec clamp, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Deore down swing, 2x10
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Deore, i-spec clamp, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Deore, 10-speed, 11-36t
- CRANKSET: Stout XC Alloy Boost
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Fast Trak, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 18CHISELCOMP
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.