The Specialized Camber Expert Carbon 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017 sits at the top of the Specialized Camber range and for good reason. Its lightweight FACT 9m carbon fibre frame provides great control at high speeds, whilst the M5 alloy rear end soaks up big hits for more comfort. The FOX 34 Performance front fork and FOX FLOAT Performance rear shock provide the perfect level of rebound and trail absorption.
Specialized Camber Expert Carbon 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Camber Expert Carbon 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Sitting at the top of the Specialized Camber range, the Specialized Camber Expert Carbon 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017 has been designed for one thing only: to conquer singletrack. Everything from the ground up is carefully selected for its high-performance nature, allowing you to go faster, farther and harder than ever before, without sacrificing on any enjoyment in the process.
The Specialized FACT 9m carbon fibre front end with an M5 alloy rear end is what truly sets this mountain bike apart. The front end is lighter, but still incredibly stiff - this ensures that no matter what speed you’re riding at, you have incredible levels of traction and grip for enhanced manoeuvrability. The rear end is more rigid than the front end and can take more impact, alongside being one of the shortest in the entire market, too.
To increase the versatility of the Camber Expert Carbon 29 Disc, Specialized have incorporated their revolutionary SWAT (Storage, Water, Air and Tools) design. This design is featured on the downtube and allow you to store everything from pumps and CO2 canisters to multi-tools and sandwiches.
Riding the way you like calls for a front fork and rear shock combination that’s ready to take on a variety of terrain. Luckily, Specialized have sought the high-performance and capable mixture of a FOX 34 Performance 29 front fork and a FOX FLOAT Performance rear shock. The FOX 34 absorbs any trail inconsistencies for a more comfortable ride, whilst the rear shock smooths everything out, ensuring big hits are a thing of the past.
Shimano Deore SLX M7000 hydraulic disc brakes are also another area in which this mountain bike excels. These brakes modulate heat effectively, ensuring that you have the same performance when braking at the top of the trail as well as halfway down.
SRAM X1 11-speed gearing provides a strong, stable and wide range of gearing for taking on more technical terrain. The range of gearing gives enough spin when the climbs get technical, but stops any loss of efficiency when sprinting on the flats.
Roval Traverse wheels are known as some of the stiffest and lightest wheels on the market and all within a more reasonable price. They stay strong and don’t flex when hitting corners at high speeds and rollover impacts without second guessing. Perfect for when the terrain gets tough.
Finishing off with a Command Post IRcc seatpost, which allows for 12 micro-adjustments when on-the-go, makes this bike incredibly versatile and ready for anything you can throw at it.
- FACT 9m carbon Trail Chassis w/ Camber FSR M5 alloy rear end is mated with Specialized’s Trail 29 Geometry to form a bike that's just as at home on the climbs as it is mowing over rough trail sections. You'll also find internal cable routing for clean lines and minimal maintenance and an integrated SWAT™ Door for zero-hassle storage of your trail essentials
- FOX 34 Performance Elite 29 fork features 34mm aluminium stanchions that are equal parts strong and stiff, 120mm of plush, trail-taming travel and three-position lever adjust that lets you customise the suspension on-the-fly for any trail condition.
- A SRAM X1 rear derailleur controls a wide range of gears with reliable precision
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 9m, carbon front chassis, M5 alloy rear end, Trail Geometry, SWAT™ Door integration, PF30 BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, Concentric Pivot link, 12x142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 120mm of travel
- FORK: FOX 34 Performance 29, air spring, 3-position lever adjust, tapered steerer, 15x110mm thru-axle, 44mm offset, 120mm travel
- REAR SHOCK: FOX FLOAT Performance, Rx Trail Tune, AUTOSAG, DPS damper, rebound and 3-position compression adjust, 205x53mm
- STEM: Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Trail, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 750mm width, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Deore SLX M7000, hydraulic disc, metallic pad, 200/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Deore SLX M7000, hydraulic disc, metallic pad, 180/160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X1 Type 2.1, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CRANKSET: RaceFace Aeffect, 6000-series alloy, 24mm spindle, 49mm chainline
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval Traverse, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 100mm spacing, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: Roval Traverse, DT Swiss internals, sealed cartridge bearings, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 142mm spacing, 28h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Purgatory, Control casing, 29x2.3", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Ground Control, Control casing, 29x2.3", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Command Post IRcc, 12 position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm travel
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17CAMBERFSREXPERTCARBON29
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.