It’s hard to find a mountain bike that’s filled to the brim with trail-conquering components, offers a geometry that suits both climbing and descending and is an affordable package - but not anymore. The Specialized Camber Comp 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017’s combination of a lightweight, durable frame, 120mm of impact absorbing travel and brakes that perform time and time again, no matter what the weather, makes this bike a needle in a haystack.
Specialized Camber Comp 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017
Specialized Camber Comp 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017
When you’re in the market for a mountain bike, what do you look for? Something that can help you slay the trails like Curtis Keene, get you conquering KOM’s like Jared Graves or even exploring the wilderness like Matt Hunter? Whatever it is, the Specialized Camber Comp 29 Disc Mountain Bike 2017 has you covered with its boisterous mix of capable 120mm front travel to take on the big hits, a lightweight yet durable M5 alloy frame and Shimano M506 hydraulic disc brakes that ensure no matter how fast you hit the trails, you’ll be stopping at the bottom.
Starting at the heart of the Camber 29, the M5 alloy Trail Chassis with a Camber FSR specific rear end combines with Specialized’s Trail 29 Geometry to give you a bike that’s not just fast and capable on the descents, but can take on big impacts and smoothly roll up climbs more efficiently. Its rear end is one of the fastest on the market, giving you greater control along technical singletrack, whilst internal cable routing ensures your components are working to their optimum capacity no matter what the weather has in store.
It’s all well and good having a frame that’s forgiving and allows you to ride how you want, but Specialized know you need a front fork and rear shock partnership that’ll soak up the impacts and give you a more comfortable ride. This is why they’ve partnered the highly capable 120mm travel of the RockShox Revelation RL 29 front fork and a FOX FLOAT Performance rear shock with Rx Trail Tune. These two are renowned in the cycling industry for their durability and fine-tuned ability to take on anything the trails throw at you.
Commanding your speed is entrusted in the braking ability of Shimano’s M506 hydraulic disc brakes. These brakes modulate heat build up effectively, meaning it doesn’t matter if you’re riding blind on a trail or taking it easy, you’re safe in the knowledge that they’ll give the same performance at the top as they do at the bottom.
SRAM GX gearing gives the Specialized Camber 29 Disc a clear advantage against other full-suspension mountain bikes around this price point and it’s an advantage you’ll be glad you have on your side when riding up more testing climbs. The wide range of gearing ensures you have enough spin when the trail gets technical, whilst still remaining stiff enough to sprint along those long, enduring flats in the countryside.
Specialized Purgatory and Specialized Ground Control tyres provide all the grip and puncture protection you need in wet conditions, whilst the Specialized disc wheels are strong, stiff and lightweight enough to give you a boost in speed and durability on tougher terrain.
- An M5 alloy Trail Chassis w/ Camber FSR rear end has been paired with Specialized’s Trail 29 Geometry to create a bike that's fast, durable, and just at home on the climbs as it is moving over rock gardens. It also features the shortest, most nimble rear end possible, and internal cable routing to make clean lines and reliable shifting through any condition
- A custom RockShox Revelation RL 29 fork was developed to deliver 120mm of plush, trail-taming travel, while accommodating a 15x100mm thru-axle for reliable handling and durability over rough, bumpy, or loose terrain. It also features a Rx Trail Tune for the ultimate in performance and feel
- SRAM GX 11-speed rear derailleur grants you access to a wide range of gears while providing crisp, reliable shifting
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized M5 alloy, Trail Geometry, threaded BB, internal cable routing, 12x142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 120mm of travel
- FORK: RockShox Revelation RL 29, Solo Air spring, lockout and rebound adjust, 15x100mm Maxle Lite thru-axle, 51mm offset, 120mm travel
- REAR SHOCK: FOX FLOAT Performance, Rx Trail Tune, AUTOSAG, DPS damper, rebound and 3-position compression adjust, 205x53mm
- STEM: Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 750mm width
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano M506, hydraulic disc, resin pad, 200/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano M506, hydraulic disc, resin pad, 180/160mm rotor
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX, mid direct-mount, 2x11
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM NX, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CRANKSET: RaceFace Aeffect, 6000-series alloy, 24mm spindle, 49mm chainline
- FRONT HUB: Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings,15x100mm thru-axle, 24h
- REAR HUB: Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings,12x142mm thru-axle, 28h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Purgatory, Control casing, 29x2.3", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Ground Control, Control casing, 29x2.3", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready, clincher
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER: Alloy, 34.9mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17CAMBERFSRCOMP29
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.