The Specialized AWOL Disc Adventure Road Bike 2017 isn’t hiding behind any misconceptions. It’s not the lightest, nor the fastest, but it sure can take on any terrain you may encounter. The strong and durable Specialized Premium Cr-Mo frame is incredibly comfortable, and with all the rack, mudguard and water bottle mounts you could possibly want, you’ll be riding off in pursuit of adventure in no time.
Specialized AWOL Disc Adventure Road Bike 2017
Specialized AWOL Disc Adventure Road Bike 2017
When you set your sights on the horizon, it’s not always about who gets there the quickest. The Specialized AWOL Disc Adventure Road Bike 2017 is geared up for the long haul, with all the necessary attachments you need to head out for days in the saddle, such as a durable CR-Mo steel frame and mudguard and rack mounts, a kickstand plate and a dynamo freehub that charges your lights and accessories as you ride.
The frame offers plenty of stiffness, whilst still maintaining all-day compliance and comfort for long days in the saddle. The fork also follows suit, with a butted Cr-Mo construction that soaks up vibrations and trail chatter, but also features all the rack and mudguard mounts needed to strap your equipment and head out for the weekend.
Specialized’s geometry is also vastly different in comparison to their endurance race bikes, and the AWOL features a much more relaxed geometry that aims itself towards comfort, efficiency and stability over long distances.
Shimano Sora, 9-speed gearing has been incorporated to provide a wide range of gearing when carrying full-loads on the bike. This gearing is perfect for getting out and exploring the unknown, taking on vast hills and climbs without out breaking a sweat.
Tektro Spyre, 160mm mechanical disc brakes have also been used to inspire the needed confidence when descending down technical trails. When carrying a heavy load, these will provide you with all the braking prowess you need, and due to their mechanical nature, can easily be fixed by the road side.
Finished with the Specialized Borough Sport, 700x45mm super wide tyres, grip is not an issue on the AWOL. These tyres increase puncture resistance and allow you to run lower pressures, for greater grip.
- The custom butted Cr-Mo steel frame provides plenty of stiffness, while still maintaining all-day compliance and comfort. Along with the integrated mudguard and rack mounts on both the frame and Cr-Mo fork, the AWOL provides the perfect blend of versatility and performance
- Butted Cr-Mo fork features both rack and mudguard mounts, combining rugged durability, confident steering, and a huge amount of versatility
- Durable 32h alloy disc wheels are sure to stand up to mile after mile of adventure, while the 700x45mm Borough Sport tyres provide plenty of traction on varying terrain
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized Heat-treated custom-butted Premium Cr-Mo tubing, internal light cable routing-ready, Adventure Geometry, post disc mount, mudguard/rack mounts, kickstand plate
- FORK: Specialized butted premium Cr-Mo, unicrown, heat-treated
- STEM: Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Adventure Gear AWOL, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach, 12-degree flare-out
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro Spyre, mechanical disc, 180mm rotor, dual pivot
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro Spyre, mechanical disc, 160mm rotor, dual pivot
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Sora STI, 9-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Sora, clamp-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Alivio, Shadow design, SGS cage, 9-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Sora STI, 9-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano, 9-speed, 12-36t
- CRANKSET: Shimano Sora
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized 29" disc front, 6061-T6 aluminium, 32h
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized 29" disc, 6061-T6 aluminium, 32h
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Borough Sport, clincher, 700x45mm
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Borough Sport, clincher, 700x45mm
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized alloy, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17AWOL
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.