The pinnacle of alloy clincher performance, the Mavic R-SYS SLR Limited Edition Clincher Wheelset is the perfect all-round wheelset for the climbing-focused rider. The braking performance of the Exalith 2 braking track combines with the lightweight aero performance of the ISM 4D rims to provide top-level performance.
Mavic R-SYS SLR Limited Edition Clincher Wheelset
Mavic R-SYS SLR Limited Edition Clincher Wheelset
Mavic's ultimate lightweight alloy clincher wheelset is now more exclusive than ever with the Mavic R-SYS SLR Limited Edition Clincher Wheelset. Lighter and offering enhanced aerodynamics with the inclusion of the ISM 4D rim design this is the perfect wheelset for racing, training and sportive riding, especially if there is a lot of climbing involved.
The strong Tracomp lacing design using a mixture of carbon fibre and double butted Zircal spokes helps contribute the wheel's fast, silky smooth spinning credentials. Compared to Mavic's Ksyrium range, the addition of ultra-light QRM SL bearings and axles means this wheelset tips the scales at a mere 1295 grams.
The R-SYS has been used in numerous Grand Tours and has been ridden to countless victories by some of the world's best professional cyclists. Praised for their robust construction, this is helped no doubt by the Maxtal alloy fore drilled rims and strong aluminium hubs.
Exalith is a Mavic designed braking surface that has been used on a number of their top of the range, performance wheels. This material, compared to standard braking tracks, offers better brake pad wear, improved stopping in the wet and predictable braking. This wheelset is supplied with specific Mavic Exalith brake pads, for enhanced braking performance.
Carbon fibre Tracomp spokes adorn the front and rear non-drive side on these wheels and, for added strength, Zircal spokes have been used on the rear drive side.
Mavic's WTS tyre system uses a tyre specifically designed for the wheel. The Mavic GripLink and PowerLink tyres have been added to provide sublime grip, puncture protection and low rolling resistance in the dry as well as the wet. These tyres are ideal for racing yet also durable enough for the rigours of training.
Available in a limited edition colour scheme with signature SSC graphics and subtle Mavic decals this wheelset would look at home on a road, time trial or even cyclocross bike.
- BR601 quick releases
- Exalith brake pads
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- Tracomp ring tool
- User guide
- Mavic GripLink front tyre
- Mavic PowerLink rear tyre
- One of the lightest clincher wheelsets on the market
- New, rounder ISM 4D rims, offer lower rolling resistance and are lighter and more responsive
- Rims produce less drag than their predecessor
- Exalith brake track offers reliable, all-weather braking performance and wears slower than traditional braking surfaces
- Front uses carbon fibre, tubular Tracomp spokes
- Rear houses carbon Tracomp spokes on the non-drive side and strong Zircal spokes on the drive side
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- QRM SL superlight bearings and axles
- A strong wheelset with Maxtal alloy, fore drilled rims
- Ideal for road, time trials or cyclocross, training or racing
- Black colour scheme stylish Mavic decals
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminium
- Front hub body: aluminium flanges
- Rear hub body: aluminium
- Spoke count: front 16, rear 20
- Rim height: front 24 mm, rear 26 mm asymmetrical
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 32 mm
- 11-speed compatible
- Weight: 1295 g
- Weight with WTS tyres: 1835 g
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink front tyre
- Mavic Yksion Pro PowerLink rear tyre
- 127 TPI casing
- Breaker: Front: Kevlar, Rear: nylon
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Dimensions: 25-622 (700 x 25c)
- Max. Pressure: 9 bar / 130 psi
PRODUCT REF: LTD-R-SYS-SLR
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.