Mavic's best value carbon wheel and tyre set is now available for disc brake riders in the form of the Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2017. The 45mm rim depth brings low drag in any conditions while the 25mm external rim width perfectly integrates with the included 25mm width tyres for low drag, great traction and easy crosswind steering.
Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2017
Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2017
Aerodynamic performance now comes with the superior stopping power of disc brake integration with the Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2017. With this wheelset, Mavic has created and wheel-tyre system that is perfect for the performance-focused rider.
With a 45mm deep NACA airfoil profile, this wheelset offers low drag in any conditions. The 45mm depth profile also adds versatility to this wheelset, meaning that it can be used for anything from hilly routes to fast and flat circuits.
Aerodynamic efficiency is further boosted by the integration of 25mm width tyres with the 25mm external rim width. This gives the wheelset less drag and more responsive steering in crosswinds.
The 17mm rim width also helps to increase the air capacity of the tyres, which has several advantages. Firstly, it creates a more comfortable riding experience by smoothening out road vibration and impact without sacrificing feel. Secondly, it improves rolling efficiency and traction, especially when cornering, by distributing the contact area of the tyre over a wider surface area.
The Instant Drive 360 freewheel is 9/10/11-speed compatible and is ready for use with SRAM or Shimano cassettes. Campagnolo cassettes can be used with the freewheel adaptor (sold separately). The Instant Drive 360 freewheel engages at 9˚ increments, which reduces the amount of power you waste pushing the pedal before the freewheel is engaged.
Mavic's Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher (front) and PowerLink Clincher (rear) Tyres increase comfort, rolling efficiency and grip with a supple 127 TPI construction. A durable kevlar breaker on the front and a polyamide breaker on the rear for enhanced puncture protection.
Mavic's ISM 4D rim technology reduces the wheelset's weight and inertia without compromising durability with an internal spoke milling across four dimensions. This technology reduces weight while also creating a smooth rim profile that helps to reduce drag. The rim's asymmetrical design offsets the strain and force of disc braking while also balancing the wheel for an elevated level of control.
- Rear 12x142mm adapters for Instant Drive 360
- Front 12 mm adapters
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- User guide
- 2x rim tape
- Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher 25mm (front) & PowerLink Clincher 25mm (rear) Tyres
- 2x Mavic Butyl inner tube 48mm Presta
PLEASE NOTE: The Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2017 comes with 12mm thru-axles adapters on the front and rear but is convertible to quick release skewers with an adapter that is available separately. Click HERE to view Mavic axle adapters.
- Tyre casing: 127 TPI
- Front and rear tyre tread: Single compound
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher (front) & PowerLink Clincher (rear) Tyres
- Dimension: 35-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Usage: Road
- For greater longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120kg, bike included
- Disc standard: Centre Lock
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11-speed, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies (available separately)
- Front axle: Convertible from 12mm thru axle to quick release or 15mm thru axle with optional adapters (available separately)
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to quick release with optional adapters (available separately)
- Rim weight reduction: ISM
- Depth: 45mm, asymmetrical
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Rim material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fibre
- Rim joint: SUP
- Tyre: Clincher
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Internal rim width: 17 mm
- Spoke material: Steel
- Spoke count: 24 front and rear
- Nipples: Aluminum, ABS
- Spoke lacing: Front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Spoke shape: Straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Rear: Convertible to 12mm through axle (135 and 142)
- Front: Quick release, 12 and 15mm through axle compatible
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Axle material: Aluminium
- Front and rear bodies: Aluminium
- Weight: Pair - 1770g, front - 835g, rear - 935g
PRODUCT REF: 17COSMICPROCARBDISCCLWSET
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.