Providing a great balance of value, performance, and grip; the Mavic Aksium Elite Clincher Wheelset 2017 is light and reliable with a new wider rim profile for improved rolling efficiency and comfort. The inclusion of Yksion Elite Guard Tyres means these wheels are ready to roll right out of the box.
Mavic Aksium Elite Clincher Wheelset 2017
Mavic Aksium Elite Clincher Wheelset 2017
Light and fast, the Mavic Aksium Elite Clincher Wheelset 2017 is designed to offer riders an all-round road-ready wheelset with the inclusion of the Mavic Yksion Elite Guard Tyres. A wider rim profile than previous iterations means this wheelset has an improved level of comfort and greater rolling efficiency than ever before.
Designed to fully exploit Mavic's WTS (Wheel-Tyre System), this wheelset features an ultra-durable sleeve joint and R2 drilling to both alleviate weight and improve strength. The rim's S6000 Aluminium construction with a 17mm internal width is designed to improve the wheelset's rolling efficiency and improve traction at more exaggerated yaw angles - namely in tight corners.
The rim's UB Control braking surface is designed for a heightened level of durability and controlled and reliable stopping power in both wet and dry conditions.
Straight pull spokes join into aluminium hubs at both the front and the rear with a strong 20 spoke count on both the front and the rear wheel. The FTS-L steel freewheel is 9/10/11-speed compatible and is ready for use with SRAM or Shimano cassettes. Campagnolo cassettes can be used with the freewheel adaptor (sold separately).
Mavic's Yksion Elite Guard Tyres on the front and rear wheel are 25mm wide with a 120 TPI casing. This provides a supple rolling feel while the polyamide breaker helps to reduce the threat of punctures.
- Mavic Yksion Elite Guard Tyres
- 2x BR101 quick release skewers
- 2x rim tape
- User guide
- 2x Mavic Yksion Elite Guard 25mm Tyres
- 2x Butyl Road Presta Inner Tube 48mm
- 700c wheelset
- Front and rear tyre tread: Single-compound
- Tyre casing: 120 TPI
- Tyre breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Weight (without tyre): Pair - 1785g, front - 815g, rear - 970g
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Tyre: Clincher
- Designed for road use
- Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120kg, bike included
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo with separate driver body
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Rim joint: Sleeved
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Brake track: UB Control
- Drilling: traditional with H2 reinforcement
- Rim material: S6000 Aluminium
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Height: 21 mm
- Spoke count: 20 front and rear
- Spoke lacing: Radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Nipples: brass, ABS
- Spoke shape: Straight pull, bladed
- Spoke material: Steel
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel, sealed cartridge bearings (9/10/11-speed compatible)
- Axle material: Steel
- Front and rear bodies: Aluminium
- Delivered with: BR101 quick releases, User guide, Rim tape, 2x Mavic Yksion Elite Guard Tyres, 2x Butyl Road Presta Inner Tube 48mm
PRODUCT REF: 17AKSIUMELITEWSET
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.