Not all turbo trainers are created equal, and the CycleOps Magnus Smart Turbo Trainer pays testament to this. Everything about this trainer has been designed to further enhance your performance, from a responsive electromagnetic resistance for precision training to a noise level of just 69 decibels at 20mph. Enabling those Cavendish-like sprints the trainer has a 1500 watt peak resistance.
CycleOps Magnus Smart Turbo Trainer
CycleOps Magnus Smart Turbo Trainer
When you’re ready to focus on your performance and take your training to the next level, the CycleOps Magnus Smart Turbo Trainer is the only logical solution. Everything about this smart turbo trainer has been designed to optimise every ounce of performance from your ride, allowing you to remain as functional as possible throughout every stage of your training.
This ‘rear wheel-on’ trainer may be based around CycleOps’ classic design, but it sure packs a punch. The resistance unit at the rear of the trainer used fast, responsive, electromagnetic resistance rather than just a switch to provide you with the most realistic ride feel for a turbo trainer around this price point. It’s also incredibly simple to just: simply plug it into the wall, attach your bike via the quick release or thru-axle and away you go.
Luckily, CycleOps thought of everything when designing the Magnus, and if you’re too far from a wall socket or fancy riding in your garage without any power, then the Magnus can still be used and resistance can still be adjusted.
Connected via the integrated dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth Smart/4.0 technology, you can control the resistance via your smartphone or head unit. It connects to a wide range of different platforms, allowing you to take full control of your ride through CycleOps VirtualTraining, Zwift, TrainerRoad and many more.
Noise is also a huge factor when riding indoors, and the Magnus hosts an incredibly impressive decibel rating. Hitting the mark at just 69 decibels at 20mph, this trainer has the same noise rating as an air conditioning unit at 100 feet away, or background music in a restaurant.
The CycleOps Magnus Smart Turbo Trainer features the Cycleops foldable, Classic frame that has a spring loaded, bolt-action lever, making it perfect for folding away in a cupboard or taking it with you to the office for a quick 30-minute spin at lunchtime.
- Integrated dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth 4.0 technologies
- Fast response electromagnetic resistance ensures most responsive resistance and maximum power available
- 1500 watt peak resistance
- Noise level is a quiet 69 decibels at 20mph
- PowerTuned using PowerTap technology for accurate power readings
- Comes on the CycleOps foldable Classic frame with spring loaded, bolt-action lever
- Features clutch knob for perfect roller to tyre tension each ride
- 2" resistance unit roller allows for 650b, 700c, 26", 27", and 29" - up to a 2.0 tyre
- Precision-machined alloy roller reduces tyre wear and slippage
- Eccentric leveling feet allow for easy adjustment on uneven surfaces
- This trainer is designed to fit common road and mountain bike frames with included steel quick release skewer and has three settings for rear dropout spacing: 120mm, 130mm and 135mm. Optional thru-axle adapter available for 142x12mm and 148x12mm
- Compatible with a wide variety of devices and virtual training application, including CycleOps VirtualTraining, Zwift, TrainerRoad and many more
- Over the air (OTA) firmware updates via Bluetooth 4.0 devices ensures the Magnus is up to date
- Cadence sensor and ANT+ stick sold separately
- Some assembly required
- Does not fit 650c wheel sizes or 29er tyres
PRODUCT REF: 700.CO9920
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
CycleOps Magnus Smart Turbo Trainer
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.