CycleOps Hammer Direct Drive Smart Turbo Trainer
As the quietest, strongest and steadiest flywheel based smart trainer on the entire market, the CycleOps Hammer Direct Drive Smart Turbo Trainer is truly one for the history books. Putting out an incredible 64 decibels at 20mph, this turbo trainer actually sits below the intended sound levels of a library. Everything from its robust design, that can take up to 2000 watts at 20mph, to compatibility with almost every third party training programme makes it super versatile for any rider looking to enhance their training.
Using the same engineers that first introduced turbo trainers to the market, Cycleops have been able to use their extensive expertise to create one of the best training aids around. Using a direct drive system that connects to your rear dropouts, this turbo can be used on every bike imaginable, meaning if you fancy riding your race bike, or even your commuter bike indoors, you can.
When taking on a huge power session, you need a trainer that can keep up with you. Luckily, the Hammer has been designed to thrive in heavy power situations, taking up to 2000 watts at 20mph and the ability to simulate a 20% gradient. Thanks to the integration of internal cooling technology, the trainer provides accurate ride data throughout harsh workouts, unlike other turbo trainers.
Even though you’re indoors, why should you sacrifice that 'on the road' feel? To enhance your enjoyment when training indoors, the flywheel has also had a total rehaul. It is now a 20 lb precision balanced flywheel for quiet, vibration free and true to the road riding. Further enhanced by the fast response, electromagnetic resistance to ensure your resistance can handle split-second changes, and when you need to get out the saddle and sprint, you’re not spinning out.
Everything from CycleOps VirtualTraining to Zwift, TrainerRoad and many more third party training apps are compatible with the Hammer, too. You won’t be left in the dark with this trainer.
The clip-lock legs add to the versatility of the Hammer, allowing you to easily pack away the entire system without a hitch. These legs also boast being the widest footprint of direct drive indoor bicycle trainers on the market, keeping you secure and stable on the bike.
The CycleOps Hammer Direct Drive Smart Turbo Trainer includes:
- A Shimano/SRAM splined freehub for compatibility with 8-11 speed cassettes
The cassette shown in photos and videos is not supplied with the Hammer.
- Direct drive design directly connects the bicycle to the resistance unit, eliminating tyre wear
- Internally cooling technology ensures accurate ride data even during the hardest of workouts
- 20 lb. precision balanced flywheel provides quiet, vibration-free and true-to-the-road riding experience
- Fast response electromagnetic resistance ensure most responsive resistance and maximum power available
- Robust design is capable of handling up to 2000 watts at 20 mph and can simulate up to a 20% climbing grade
- Noise level at 20mph is 64 decibels, quiet enough to ride in a library
- PowerTuned using PowerTap technology for accurate power readings
- Integrated front wheel tray adds stability to ride and nests within the trainer when not in use
- Folding legs provide widest footprint of direct drive indoor bicycle trainers on the market for added stability and easy storage
- Includes a Shimano splined freehub for compatibility with Shimano 8-11 speed cassettes
- Accessible and balanced handle allows for smooth, anyone-can-carry transit of the trainer
- Over the air (OTA) firmware updates via Bluetooth 4.0 devices ensure the Hammer is up to date
- Thru-axle compatible for bike frames with rear dropout widths of 142 or 148
- Quick-release compatible for bike frames with dropout widths of 130mm and 135mm
- Comes with a Shimano splined freehub for compatibility with Shimano 8-11 speed cassettes
- Integrated dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth 4.0 technologies
- Compatible with a wide variety of devices and virtual training application, including CycleOps VirtualTraining, Zwift, TrainerRoad and many more
- 300 lb (136 kg) maximum load – excluding bicycle
- Cassette not included
- Dimensions when Open L*H*W: 31”x18.5”x19.5” (787.4x469.9x495.3 mm)
- Dimensions when Closed LH*W: 3”x18.5”x19.5” (76.2x469.9x495.3 mm)
- Weighs in at 47 lbs (21.3 kg)
PRODUCT REF: 700.CO9810
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.