The Cervelo S5 Road Frameset 2017 provides the incremental changes you need to perform on the highest level. Everything from its lightweight, carbon fibre layup to an extended 11mm wider bottom bracket for increased efficiency stops any flex and allows for explosive accelerations without any loss of power.
Cervelo S5 Road Frameset 2017
Cervelo S5 Road Frameset 2017
You can’t just change an entire bike in one hit and hope it’ll revolutionise the entire cycling world. The Cervelo S5 Road Frameset for 2017 combines many incremental improvements to deliver more speed. The carbon fibre layup within the S5 is incredibly lightweight, strong and allows you to put the power down when you need it the most, providing lightning quick, explosive acceleration and efficiency to get you riding faster for longer.
Carbon dropouts reduce the overall weight of the bike, whilst eliminating bends and cable friction for a more efficient and reliable gear shift. The reduced-friction BB guide maintains a consistent curve for each cable path, avoiding bends or kinks. Working together, these two features ensure shifting never falters, keeping you consistent and ready to perform throughout every stage of your ride.
One feature which makes a dramatic improvement to the overall efficiency and stiffness of the frame is the extension of the BBright bottom bracket. By making the frame wider on the non-drive side, Cervelo have been able to increase the BB shell by 11mm (almost double the width of the left chainstay) to keep flex at bay and efficiency at optimum levels.
An extended seat tube cutout allows the frame to fit closely to the wheel, ensuring optimum air flow across the seat tube and around the wheel. The down tube has also been dropped to shield the trailing edge of the front tyre, ensuring aerodynamics aren’t affected.
- BBright: BBright makes use of extra space on the non-drive side by extending the BB shell by 11 millimetres, nearly doubling the width of the left chainstay.
- Built for bottles: Cervélo models that are Shaped for Bottles have an airfoil down tube that’s flattened on the trailing edge in front of the bottle, resulting in a faster overall system.
- Dropped down tube: Improving aerodynamics requires an engineering approach that accounts for the entire system: Bike, rider and wheels. The Dropped Downtube places the leading edge of the tube closer to the trailing edge of the front tyre, partly hiding it in the wake of the wheel.
- Future-proof cable management: future-proof cable management achieves compatibility across mechanical, electronic and hydraulic brake and derailleur systems.
- Carbon dropouts: seatstays and chainstays are bonded into hollow dropouts, instead of the other way around. Bonding these precision-moulded surfaces reduces weight, and gives the internal rear derailleur cable a straight shot through the chainstay and dropout, eliminating bends and cable friction.
- Evolved steerer design: a larger steerer diameter adds torsional stiffness with no weight penalty.
- Shielding seat stays: properly formed seat-stays improve airflow over calipers without complicating access and service.
- Reduced-friction BB guide: the reduced-friction BB guide maintains a consistent curve for each cable path by avoiding bends or kinks.
- FRAME: Cervelo S5 carbon frame
- FORK: Cervelo all-carbon, tapered S5 fork
- HEADSET: FSA IS2 1-⅛ x 1-⅜”
- SEATPOST: 48 - 51 Cervelo carbon, aero, zero offset | 54 - 61 Cervelo carbon, aero, 25mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 17S5FS
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using Tracked Post or DHL for fast and reliable deliveries. To see delivery options and delivery times, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return unused and unopened purchased items.
Please note we cannot accept any goods back if the original packaging is opened. For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Cervelo S5 Road Frameset 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.