Recommended by Sebastian Langeveld from Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling as his go-to bike for long days in the saddle, the Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Ultegra Road Bike 2017 is going to be a cut above the rest. Using Cannondale’s high-end carbon layup, Hi-MOD, which reduces tube sizing and weight without affecting stiffness or durability, the overall weight of the bike is incredibly low, whilst capable components such as Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed gearing and CZero Carbon Disc Clincher wheels ensure efficient power transfer for a more enjoyable time on the road.
Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Ultegra Road Bike 2017
Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Ultegra Road Bike 2017
The Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Ultegra Road Bike 2017 is a high performance endurance road bike. Its blend of Hi-Mod carbon fibre, within the frame and fork, alongside Shimano Ultegra componentry and CZero Carbon wheels is a fantastic, fast combination.
The Cannondale Synapse Disc BalisTec Hi-MOD Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS BB30a frame resides at the higher end of the Cannondale carbon spectrum, using a high carbon quality that has been strenuously engineered to lessen the overall tube shaping and weight, but provide the same rigidity, strength and durability as their standard modular carbon.
SAVE PLUS technology is also incorporated into the frame and fork. Much like the suspension on F1 cars, SAVE PLUS is engineered to help the bike roll faster, not simply to make it more comfortable. Emphasising light weight and torsional rigidity, SAVE PLUS delivers improved rolling speed, better acceleration, and dramatically improved cornering speed without negatively affecting power transfer.
As the Cannondale Synapse is an endurance race bike, it would only make sense to use S.E.R.G (Synapse Endurance Race Geometry) - Cannondale’s ideal balance between a pure race position and the upright comfort you need on longer distances. POWER Pyramid also adds to this, with the seat tube splitting asymmetrically to accommodate a new, wider bottom bracket. This increases stiffness without adding weight, which in turn increases your power transfer for a more efficient ride.
To keep up with these incredible features, Cannondale have sought the help of Shimano, with their excellent combination of R785 hydraulic disc brakes and Ultegra 6800, 11-speed gearing. When you’re spinning up, or attacking on the climbs, you’ll be grateful you have such a capable drivetrain, and then when you get to the top, the R785 hydraulic disc brakes come into their own on the descents - inspiring confidence and giving the right amount of bite at the exact time you need it.
The Shimano R785 hydraulic disc brakes provide all the wet-weather, high-performance braking you need when tackling those technical descents. Adding versatility to your ride, you can be sure you’ll be stopping safely at end of the descent when using these powerful disc brakes.
When you’re pushing the group on or sprinting out the saddle, you want to know your wheels aren’t going to hold you back, and that’s why Cannondale have instilled their confidence in CZero’s Carbon Disc Clincher wheelset and Schwalbe ONE 700x28c clincher tyres. Together, this wheel and tyre provide the stiffness, grip and lightning fast, powerful acceleration you need when training or racing.
- The lightweight, strong and stiff Synapse Disc BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS BB30a frame will push your efficiency and explosive power transfer to the next level
- SAVE PLUS technology enhances comfort over long distances
- BallisTec Carbon Hi-MOD fork keeps the front end responsive, stiff and ready for sprinting without affecting power transfer
- Hi-MOD tubing reduces tube sizing and weight, but remains the same in terms of stiffness and durability
- Shimano R785 hydraulic disc brakes provide next level braking for confidence inspired descending Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed gearing is perfect for this level of riding with its precise, reliable and above all, high-performance shifting
- CZero Carbon Disc clincher tyres and Schwalbe ONE 700x28c clincher wheel and tyre combination enhance grip and stiffness for the ultimate in power transfer
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale Synapse Disc BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS BB30a
- FORK: Cannondale Synapse Disc SAVE PLUS BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 tapered steerer
- HEADSET: Cannondale Synapse Si 1-1/4 lower bearing 25mm carbon top cap
- STEM: Cannondale C2 7050 Alloy 31.8 6 deg.
- HANDLEBARS: Cannondale C1 Ultralight 2014 Alloy 31.8 6 deg. w/ integrated Garmin Mount
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano R785 hydraulic disc 160mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano R785 hydraulic disc 140mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano R685 hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800 braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800 GS, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano R685 hydraulic disc
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-32 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Cannondale HollowGram Si BB30a w/ OPI SpideRing 50/34
- FRONT WHEEL: CZero Carbon Disc Clincher 17mm inner 20mm deep 28h
- REAR WHEEL: CZero Carbon Disc Clincher 17mm inner 20mm deep 28h
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe ONE 700x28c folding, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe ONE 700x28c folding, clincher
- SADDLE: Fabric Spoon Shallow Race Ti Rail
- SEATPOST: Cannondale SAVE Carbon 25.4x350mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17SYNAPSEHMDISCULT
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.