When Sebastian Langeveld from Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling recommends a bike, you know it’s going to be something special. A combination of high level componentry and a super lightweight, stiff and durable frame come together in the Cannondale Synapse Disc Ultegra Di2 Road Bike 2017 to provide you with a bike that’s not just high-performing, but comfortable, too. The Shimano Ultegra 6870 Di2, 11-speed gearing and Shimano R785 hydraulic disc brake combination is perfect for climbing and descending, while the Mavic Yksion WTS 700x25c clincher tyres and Aksium Disc wheelset is ready for the explosive power you’re going to put down.
Cannondale Synapse Disc Ultegra Di2 Road Bike 2017
Cannondale Synapse Disc Ultegra Di2 Road Bike 2017
Described as the perfect balance of race-day performance and all-day ridability, the Cannondale Synapse Disc Ultegra Di2 Road Bike 2017 is for those who live for the love of riding.
The Cannondale Synapse Disc BallisTec Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS BB30a frame is constructed from Cannondale’s proprietary high-strength, high-stiffness carbon fibre. It blends the most advanced materials in the world and combines it with the most advanced carbon engineering and design to give a superiorly lightweight, stiff and durable frame.
SAVE PLUS technology is also incorporated into the frame and fork. Much like the suspension on F1 cars, SAVE PLUS is engineered to help the bike roll faster, not simply to make it more comfortable. Emphasising light weight and torsional rigidity, SAVE PLUS delivers improved rolling speed, better acceleration, and dramatically improves cornering speed without negatively affecting power transfer.
As the Cannondale Synapse is an endurance race bike, it would only make sense to use S.E.R.G (Synapse Endurance Race Geometry) - Cannondale’s ideal balance between a pure race position and the upright comfort you need on longer distances. POWER Pyramid also adds to this, with the seat tube splitting asymmetrically to accommodate a new, wider bottom bracket. This increases stiffness without adding weight, which in turn increases your power transfer for a more efficient ride.
To keep up with these incredible features, Cannondale have sought the help of Shimano, with their impressive combination of R785 hydraulic disc brakes and their Ultegra Di2 6870, 11-speed gearing. The Shimano Ultegra Di2 6870 gearing provides seamless, reliable and precise shifting, all at the press of a button.
This wide range of gearing allows you to spin up the climbs and attack on the flats, switching between gearing with a touch of a button that changes you from sitting in the centre of the peloton, biding your time, to attacking off the front with a 20 second lead.
The Shimano R785 hydraulic disc brakes are a perfect companion to this, providing all the wet-weather, high-performance braking you need when tackling those technical descents. Adding versatility to your ride, you can be sure you’ll be stopping safely at end of the descent when using these powerful disc brakes.
Mavic Aksium Disc WTS wheels and Mavic Yksion WTS 700x25c clincher tyres have been used to produce enhanced levels of grip and stiffness to transfer your power onto the road. This wheel and tyre combination perfectly accentuate each other’s strengths by enhancing confidence when descending and climbing. It does this by remaining strong and stiff when spinning up the climbs and giving you the traction you need when cornering at high speeds.
Finished with a Fabric Spoon Shallow Race Ti Rail saddle and a Cannondale C2 UD Carbon seatpost, the chainstays firmly planted for a more efficient ride. The Fabric Spoon saddle gives you all the comfort you need without affecting efficiency, much like the seatpost which offers a perfect ratio of compliance and stiffness.
- The lightweight, strong and stiff Cannondale Synapse Disc BallisTec Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS will push your efficiency to the next level
- SAVE PLUS technology enhances comfort over long distances
- BallisTec Carbon fork keeps the front end responsive, stiff and ready for sprinting without affecting power transfer
- Shimano R785 hydraulic disc brakes provide next level braking for confidence inspired descending
- Shimano Ultegra 6870, Di2 11-speed gearing ensures precise, reliable and fast shifting is achieved at every stage of your ride
- Mavic Aksium Disc WTS and Mavic Yksion WTS 700x25c clincher wheel and tyre combination enhance grip and stiffness for the ultimate in power transfer
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale Synapse Disc BallisTec Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS BB30a
- FORK: Cannondale Synapse Disc SAVE PLUS BallisTec Carbon 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 tapered steerer
- HEADSET: Cannondale Synapse Si 1-1/4 lower bearing 25mm carbon top cap
- STEM: Cannondale C2 7050 Alloy 31.8 6 deg.
- HANDLEBARS: Cannondale C2 Compact butted 2014 alloy
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano R785 hydraulic disc 160mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano R785 hydraulic disc 140mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano R785 Di2 hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra Di2 6870 braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra Di2 6870 GS, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano R785 Di2 hydraulic disc
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra 6870, 11-32 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Cannondale HollowGram Si BB30a w/ OPI SpideRing 50/34
- FRONT WHEEL: Mavic Aksium Disc WTS
- REAR WHEEL: Mavic Aksium Disc WTS
- FRONT TYRE: Mavic Yksion WTS 700x25c, Clincher folding
- REAR TYRE: Mavic Yksion WTS 700x25c, Clincher folding
- SADDLE: Fabric Spoon Shallow Race Ti Rail
- SEATPOST: Cannondale C2 UD Carbon Di2 Battery 25.4x300mm (48-54) 350mm (56-61)
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17SYNAPSEDISCULTDI2
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.