When Cannondale go all-out with their top of the range endurance road bike, the results are astonishing. An incredibly lightweight, strong and stiff Hi-MOD carbon frame and fork, combined with SRAM Red eTap components are the perfect blend of efficiency and high-performance. If you’re looking for a top of the range bike, the Cannondale Synapse Disc Black Inc Road Bike 2017 is an fantastic option.
Cannondale Synapse Disc Black Inc Road Bike 2017
Cannondale Synapse Disc Black Inc Road Bike 2017
Black Inc is renowned as Cannondale’s Pièce De Résistance. It incorporates the highest level components, top-level Hi-MOD carbon, endurance road race geometry and instils confidence into your ride that just screams for KOM/QOM’s to be conquered every time you plant yourself on the saddle. The Cannondale Synapse Disc Black Inc Road Bike 2017 houses all these features.
The Cannondale Synapse Disc BalisTec Hi-MOD Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS BB30a frame resides at the higher end of the Cannondale carbon spectrum, using a high quality carbon fibre that has been strenuously engineered to lessen the overall tube shaping and weight, but provides the same rigidity, strength and durability as their standard modular carbon.
SAVE PLUS technology is also incorporated into the frame and fork. Much like the suspension on F1 cars, SAVE PLUS is engineered to help the bike roll faster, not simply to make it more comfortable. Emphasising light weight and torsional rigidity, SAVE PLUS delivers improved rolling speed, better acceleration, and dramatically improved cornering speed without negatively affecting power transfer.
As the Cannondale Synapse is an endurance road bike, it would only make sense to use S.E.R.G (Synapse Endurance Race Geometry) - Cannondale’s ideal balance between a pure race position and the upright comfort you need on longer distances. POWER Pyramid also adds to this, with the seat tube splitting asymmetrically to accommodate a new, wider bottom bracket. This increases stiffness without adding weight, which in turn increases your power transfer for a more efficient ride.
To control such a wide variety of performance enhancing features within the frame, Cannondale have instilled their confidence in SRAM Red eTap - SRAM’s rival to the Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 groupset. SRAM Red eTap has been consistently researched and developed with the help of some of the best riders in the cycling world, putting in over 500,000 miles of testing. This results in some the fastest, most precise shifting you will ever see.
SRAM's redesigned Ergofit levers seamlessly connect you to the bike and the ReachAdjust hoods fit any hand size or shape. Carbon ErgoBlade levers provide ergonomic and tactile shifting, so your hands don't slip.
An effortless and instant shift is made possible with the RED eTap rear derailleur. Unbelievably easy to set up, the mechanical properties such as the carbon pulley cage, ceramic pulley bearing and high polished alloy, blend perfectly with the proprietary electronic system. At just 215 grams, without the battery, this derailleur maintains a very slim profile.
The front derailleur continues the lightweight theme, at just 163 grams without the battery. Working seamlessly with the wireless protocol, this derailleur utilises SRAM's cutting-edge YAW technology that makes automatic adjustments throughout the gear range without the need for a rider's input.
SRAM Red eTap HRD hydraulic disc brakes control the powerful braking with the Black Inc, meaning you’ll be grateful when you starting speeding down those long, technical descents. This setup instils confidence on harsh gradients, allowing you to take the straights at even greater speeds as you’re safe in the knowledge you have the right level of power at the bottom.
Cannondale’s Hollowgram SL Carbon Clincher wheels with Schwalbe Pro ONE Tubeless 700x28c tyres offer grip and stiffness for a more efficient ride. This wheelset stays strong when sprinting out the saddle or spinning up the climbs, whilst the tyres are ideal for cornering at high speeds and can even be converted to tubeless to run lower pressures for more grip in wet-weather conditions.
Featuring high-end components, the Black Inc uses a Cannondale SAVE Carbon seatpost, a Fabric Scoop Shallow Ultimate saddle, a Cannondale Escape Carbon Compact handlebar and Cannondale Grip Bar Tape.
- The lightweight, strong and stiff Synapse Disc BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS BB30a frame will push your efficiency and explosive power transfer to the new heights
- SAVE PLUS technology enhances comfort over long distances
- BallisTec Carbon Hi-MOD fork keeps the front end responsive, stiff and ready for sprinting without affecting power transfer
- Hi-MOD tubing reduces tube sizing and weight, but remains the same in terms of stiffness and durability
- SRAM Red eTap groupset is the most high-performing, renowned groupset on the market - providing incredibly precise shifting and braking for a more enjoyable ride
- A Cannondale Hollowgram SL Carbon Clincher wheelset and Schwalbe Pro ONE Tubeless 700x28c tyres combine to offer enhance stiffness and strength, alongside grip and durability for a much faster ride
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale Synapse Disc BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS BB30a
- FORK: Cannondale Synapse Disc SAVE PLUS BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 tapered steerer
- HEADSET: Cannondale Synapse Si 1-1/4 lower bearing 25mm carbon top cap
- STEM: Cannondale C1 Ultralight 2014 Alloy 31.8 6 deg. w/ integrated Garmin Mount
- HANDLEBARS: Cannondale Escape Carbon Compact
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Red eTap HRD hydraulic disc 160mm
- REAR BRAKE:SRAM Red eTap HRD hydraulic disc 160mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Red eTap HRD hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: SRAM Red eTap braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Red eTap, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Red eTap
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG1170 11-28 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Cannondale HollowGram SiSL2 BB30a w/ OPI SpideRing SL 50/34
- FRONT WHEEL: Cannondale Hollowgram SL Carbon Clincher Disc19mm inner 35mm deep tubeless
- REAR WHEEL: Cannondale Hollowgram SL Carbon Clincher Disc19mm inner 35mm deep tubeless
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe Pro ONE Tubeless 700x28c
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe Pro ONE Tubeless 700x28c
- SADDLE: Fabric Scoop Shallow Ultimate
- SEATPOST: Cannondale SAVE Carbon 25.4x350mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17SYNAPSEBLACKINCDISC
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Cannondale Synapse Disc Black Inc Road Bike 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.