Surprise yourself and finish with a smile that can only come from new experiences and adventure, both of which are guaranteed with the Cannondale Slate Ultegra Adventure Road Bike 2017. The Cannondale Lefty Oliver Carbon suspension fork tackles the off-road but can be locked out for speed on the road.
Cannondale Slate Ultegra Adventure Road Bike 2017
Cannondale Slate Ultegra Adventure Road Bike 2017
If you are looking to reinvigorate your riding, no matter your current discipline, the Cannondale Slate Ultegra Adventure Road Bike 2017 has something to offer everyone, especially if you want to finish a ride smiling! The Slate offers roadies more thrills, mountain bikers an easier transition into the road bike world and cyclocross riders a more robust and adventure ready machine.
Let's cut straight to the chase, the thing that really stands out here is the Lefty Oliver Carbon suspension fork that contains 30 mm of travel. As with all Cannondale products, the design of this suspension fork is incredibly well thought through. Heavily tuned low-speed compression dampening combined with the Coil over Gas (COG) negative spring to keep bouncing around to a minimum. When you transition back to the road from your off road fun, you can use the PBR lockout to completely firm the ride up for better efficiency. Rebound is even adjustable whilst riding to give you complete control to manage the variety of terrain you will encounter with the new sense of freedom coming from this bike.
Once you get over the suspension, you might notice the 650b wheels. Smaller than the usual 700c of road wheels. This allows them to run a 42c tyre to provide superb comfort, float and grip whilst maintaining the nimble handling and fit of standard road wheels. See the image above to further explain this.
To make sure that this Cannondale slate is prepared for everything, you can even fit a dropper post thanks to the 27.2 mm post diameter and the internal dropper routing. This allows you in-ride control over your seatpost hight to allow you to drop it for more room over rougher terrain, and then restore it to normal for maximum efficiency on the road.
The Slate has not ignored the basics though. Suspension is also incorporated into the frame in a more traditional road manner through the Save Plus micro-suspension system by shaping the seat and chain stays to give comfort increasing vertical compliance paired with later rigidity for performance.
Cannondale has opted for the thru-axle wheel attachment system. This makes perfect sense for a bike designed to handle the rough stuff as it adds stiffness and security over the quick release mechanism.
This bike also makes use of Cannondale's braze on disc caliper mounts. This tidy mounting system saves weight whilst also being supremely strong. It will allow you to make full use of the new flat mount brakes.
The Slate benefits hugely in terms of geometry, as it is not having to fit around large wheels, thus allowing optimisation for fun! Short chainstays make for an agile ride, but the longer front-centre combined with a slacker head angle gives you all the stability you need to conquer more exciting terrains.
- Outstanding SmartFormed 6069 Alloy frame with tube shapes for vertical compliance to give comfort with lateral rigidity for performance in a highly durable material
- Save Stays give you optimised chain and seat stay shapes for comfortable vertical compliance as well as responsive lateral rigidity
- Cannondale Lefty Oliver Carbon suspension fork gives 30 mm of travel with in-ride control of the lockout and rebound
- 650b wheels with 42c tyres gives the overall size of 700c wheels, but with the added comfort, control and grip of the higher volume tyre
- Dropper seat post compatible for future improvements
- BB30a bottom bracket
- Shimano's excellent Ultegra 6800 eleven speed components that save weight, whilst adding precision and reliability to your gear shifting
- Hydraulic disc brakes from Shimano provide confidence inspiring all weather performance, modulation and reliability in the lightest package
- Cannondale handlebar, stem and seatpost, are strong, stiff and lightweight
- Fabric Scoop Radius Race Ti saddle is fantastic for comfort, looks and weight saving
- Cannondale Slate Folding TRS tubeless 650x42c by Panaracer thirty five millimetres give great off road grip without slowing you down on the tarmac
- 52/36 OPI SpideRing front rings make this bike very comfortable on the road, with the choice available when you venture onto less stable terrain
Please note: Image shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Slate SmartFormed 6069 Alloy Di2 ready SAVE PLUS, BB30a
- FORK: Cannondale Lefty Oliver Carbon, with PBR 30mm Travel, 45mm offset
- HEADSET: Tange Seiki Head Shock Integrated
- STEM: Cannondale C1 6061 Alloy, 1.5 31.8, -5 degrees, 100mm
- HANDLEBARS: Cannondale C2 Compact
- GRIPS: Cannondale Grip Bar Tape with Gel, 2.5 mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano BR785, 140 mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano BR805, 140 mm
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 31.8 Clamp on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano R685 Hydraulic Disc
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-28, 11-speed
- CHAIN: Shimano HG700-11, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Cannondale HollowGram Si hollow forged, BB30a with OPI SpideRing 52/36
- BOTTOM BRACKET: FSA BB30 bearings
- RIMS: Slate Disc 650b 28H welded
- FRONT HUB: Lefty 50 Road
- REAR HUB: Formula 142 x 12 mm thru rear 28h
- SPOKES: DT Swiss Champion
- FRONT TYRE: Cannondale Slate Folding TRS tubeless, 650x42c, by Panaracer
- REAR TYRE: Cannondale Slate Folding TRS tubeless, 650x42c, by Panaracer
- SADDLE: Fabric Scoop Radius Race Ti Rails
- SEATPOST: Cannondale C2 Alloy, 27.2 x 350 mm
PRODUCT REF: 16SLATEULTG
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 7 - 10 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.