The Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2 29R Mountain Bike 2017 offers riders an XC machine that is ready to compete at the highest level. With a Hi-MOD carbon frame, 100mm of travel from both the front and rear suspension, Cannondale's CZero carbon wheels and SRAM's 11-groupset, this bike is prepared for the podium.
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2 29R Mountain Bike 2017
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2 29R Mountain Bike 2017
Cannondale's legendary heritage in producing world-class mountain bikes is clearly visible in the Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2 29R Mountain Bike 2017. The BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon frame layup features a geometry that has been honed for the highest level of XC competition. Short chainstays for traction and agility, a slack head angle for stability at speed and tight “trail” measurement for nimble handling at slower speeds - make this the perfect choice for the modern XC rider.
Integrated with this frame is Cannondale's iconic Lefty 2.0 Carbon fork, which offers 100mm of travel as well as advanced XLoc Full Sprint remote lockout technology for rapid lockout when you need it. RockShox supplies the rear suspension with their Monarch XX unit with 100mm of travel.
Shimano's XT hydraulic disc brakes assure confidence-inspiring stopping power while the SRAM 11-speed groupset provides responsive shifting and an easy to maintain one-by setup.
For a race-ready XC bike such as this, you are going to want lightweight, strong and fast wheels. Cannondale's CZero Superlight Carbon wheels provide just this whilst also allowing for the option to go tubeless.
- Cannondale's premium BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon frame construction optimises low weight and stiffness while also featuring a geometry that is ready to tackle to toughest XC courses.
- Superlight and durable Cannondale Czero wheels provide all the speed and responsiveness that the toughest XC courses require.
- The iconic Lefty 2.0 Carbon fork and RockShox Monarch rear shock, both with 100mm of travel, keep you comfortable over the rough stuff and big drops.
- SRAM's 11-speed gearing ensures the versatility required for the highest levels of XC competition.
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale Scalpel-SI 100mm BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon Zero Pivot seatstay Carbon Link PF30 1.5 Si head tube Ai Offset
- FORK: Cannondale Lefty 2.0 Carbon 100mm XLR Isolated Damper Technology with XC+ tune and XLoc Full Sprint remote 55mm offset (29) 50mm offset (27.5)
- REAR SHOCK: RockShox Monarch XX 100mm Full Sprint remote
- HEADSET: Cannondale HeadShok Si
- STEM: Cannondale C1 6061 Alloy 1.5 31.8 -5 deg.
- HANDLEBAR: Cannondale CZero flat Carbon 760mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano XT hydraulic disc 160mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano XT hydraulic disc 160mm
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: NA
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM XX1 Type 2 RBC 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM X01 11-speed
- CHAIN: SRAM PCX1 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Cannondale HollowGram Si hollow forged BB30 32t Ai SpideRing
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1180 10-42 11-speed
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
- PEDALS: None
- RIMS: Cannondale CZero Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon Tubeless Ready 28hole 23mm ID
- HUBS: CZero Straight Pull Lefty 60 front 39-point engagement rear 142x12 28h (Ai Offset dish - Rear)
- SPOKES: Grand Forza Double Butted (Ai Offset dish - Rear)
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin 29x2.25 folding tubeless ready, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin 29x2.25 folding tubeless ready, clincher
- SADDLE: ProLogo Zero II STN
- SEATPOST: Cannondale C2 Carbon Micro Adjust 31.6x350mm (S/M) 400mm (L/XL)
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: C24206M
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.