Thanks to the American manufacturer's System Integration, the Cannondale Fat CAAD 1 26R Mountain Bike 2017 is cushioned like a fat bike but it handles like an XC race machine. Massive 4.8-inch tyres combine with a Lefty Olaf fork with 100mm of travel and a one-by 11-speed SRAM drivetrain for comfort, control and most importantly, fun!
Cannondale Fat CAAD 1 26R Mountain Bike 2017
Cannondale Fat CAAD 1 26R Mountain Bike 2017
The Cannondale Fat CAAD 1 26R Mountain Bike 2017 is designed to feel like you are riding a bike and not a horse. Despite fat tyres, this bike offers snappy and responsive handling and a level of comfort that will give you the confidence to take on the mountain's most demanding trails.
Cannondale's OutFront steering geometry lets you get the most out of that big, fat contact patch. A slack head angle and long front centre lets you target steep gradients, while the tight trail measurement keeps the handling nimble at slow speeds.
Thanks to Cannondale's System Integrated cranks and offset chainrings, the FAT CAAD's Q-factor is up to 2.5cm narrower than the competition, so it feels like riding a bike and not driving a tank. All of this comfort is further boosted by the Lefty Olaf fork with 100mm of travel. The luxurious travel and stiffness of the fork allow you to control that fat front tyre exactly how you want to.
Those fat tyres are going to need to be slowed down from time to time and the SRAM Guide hydraulic disc brakes have the power and modulation to do it. Helping you to provide the engine to power those fat tyres along is a one-by SRAM 11-speed groupset with a huge 10-42 rear cassette.
- Cannondale's System Integration and snappy geometry means this fat bike handles like its slimmer XC cousins
- The massive contact point provided by the 4.8-inch wide tyres gives you a plush and robust ride feel
- Don’t fight the fat - control it! The Lefty Olaf is the only suspension fork with the stiffness to tell that big tire what to do
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale Fat CAAD SmartFormed Alloy BB30XL 1.5 Si head tube
- FORK: Cannondale Lefty Olaf 100mm PBR Isolated Damper Technology with Enduro+ tune and updated controls 60mm offset
- HEADSET: Cannondale HeadShok Si
- STEM: Cannondale C1 6061 Alloy 1.5 31.8 5 deg.
- HANDLEBAR: Cannondale C2 riser 7075 double-butted alloy 740mm 6 degree rise 9-degree backsweep
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Guide hydraulic disc 180/160mm
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Guide hydraulic disc 180/160mm
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: NA
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM XO1 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM XO1 11-speed
- CHAIN: SRAM X1 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Cannondale Si BB30a Fat Offset SpideRing 30t
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1195 10-42 11-speed
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Cannondale BB30XL 160mm spindle / 120mm shell
- PEDALS: None
- RIMS: Cannondale Sun Ringle MuleFut 80 SL 26
- HUBS: Cannondale Lefty 73 (front) Formula DHL-1971 197x12mm thru (rear) 32 hole
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 26x4.8 Snakeskin tubeless, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 26x4.8 Snakeskin tubeless, clincher
- SADDLE: Fabric Scoop Radius Race CroMo
- SEATPOST: Cannondale C2 2 bolt 7075 31.6 x 400mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: C28306M
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
CollectPlus Delivery - £1.99
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days. For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and are only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at the store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.