The Cannondale CAAD Optimo Disc 105 Road Bike 2017 is the perfect bike for stepping into the exciting world of road cycling. It has a lightweight, strong frame that easily absorbs the rigours of the road, and a Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed drivetrain is perfect for testing out your ability in the saddle. TRP Spyre C cable disc brakes are ideal for heading out in a wide variety of weather, making this an incredibly versatile bike for all occasions.
Cannondale CAAD Optimo Disc 105 Road Bike 2017
Cannondale CAAD Optimo Disc 105 Road Bike 2017
Sitting at the top of the Cannondale CAAD Optimo range is the Cannondale CAAD Optimo Disc 105 Road Bike 2017. Comprising of the same lightweight, stiff aluminium frame and geometry as its bigger brother, this bike is ready for anything, but there’s a few components that set it apart from the Tiagra version.
The frame is constructed from Cannondale’s SmartForm C2 Aluminium construction that’s lighter and provides a greater ride feel than many of Cannondale’s main competitors, and Cannondale’s Elite Race Geometry provides the same ride performance, alongside race handling as the CAAD12 and SuperSix EVO - making this bike ideal for training and first timers looking for a bit more performance.
SAVE is just one technology that has trickled down to the Optimo Disc Tiagra has in-store, and due to specifically engineered flex zones in the rear triangle and fork, the bike can absorb more shock and road vibrations for better comfort and control.
Integrated mudguard and pannier rack mounts add to the bike's versatility, allowing you to strap on your gear and head out for weekend-long adventures, without the worry of having to leave something behind. This also makes it ideal for commuting/wet weather training.
Cannondale have incorporated Shimano 105, 5800 11-speed gearing into the CAAD Optimo Disc 105, and it provides you with a wider range of gearing to test yourself on a vaster variety of terrain. Whether you’re trying to get to work quicker or you’re training early morning on the hills, Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed has you covered.
Tektro Spyre C cable disc brakes are also another area where the Optimo excels. Their disc frames were designed specifically around the advantages of disc brakes, and therefore work alongside Tektro to create better modulation and control - this means disc brakes on the Optimo don't just offer more stopping power, they offer better stopping power as well.
Finished with a range of capable and durable components such as a Cannondale Stage Ergo saddle, a Cannondale C3 seatpost and a Cannondale C3 handlebar, the Cannondale CAAD Optimo Disc 105 Road Bike 2017 is the ideal road bike for anyone looking to step into the world of cycling, or for experienced riders looking for a highly-durable winter training bike.
- Lightweight and durable SmartForm C2 Aluminium frame is ready for all weather conditions
- SAVE technology increases comfort for better ride quality and overall feel over long distances
- Integrated mudguard and pannier rack mounts add to versatility, allowing you to head out for a weekend of riding or even protect yourself from road grit and grime on the way to work
- Shimano 105, 5800, 11-speed gearing offers a wider range to choose from when testing yourself up climbs or trying to hit higher speeds on the flats
- Tektro Spyre C cable disc brakes work as well in the wet as they do in the dry, so you can head out the door safe in the knowledge you’ve got the right amount of power at your fingertips
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale CAAD Optimo SmartForm C2 Alloy SAVE BB30 Flat Mount Disc
- FORK: Cannondale Ultra Carbon blades 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 steerer post mount disc
- HEADSET: FSA Integrated 1-1/4 lower bearing 25mm top cap
- STEM: Cannondale C3 6061 Alloy 31.8 6 deg.
- HANDLEBARS: Cannondale C3 butted 6061 Alloy Compact
- FRONT BRAKE: TRP Spyre C cable disc 160mm
- REAR BRAKE: TRP Spyre C cable disc 140mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800 31.8 clamp
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra 4700, 10-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-28, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: FSA Gossamer BB30 50/34
- FRONT WHEEL: RD 2.0 Disc 28H
- REAR WHEEL: RD 2.0 Disc 32H
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe Lugano 700x25c, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe Lugano 700x25c, clincher
- SADDLE: Cannondale Stage Ergo
- SEATPOST: Cannondale C3 Alloy 27.2x300mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 17CAADOPTIMODISC105
UK Delivery Options
Free Delivery on all orders over £30
Estimated delivery within 4 working days (a delivery charge of £1.99 for orders under £30.00 will apply)
Have your order delivered to your local shop for just £1.99! For Highlands and Islands, please allow up to 5 working days. Orders can be shipped to UK CollectPlus locations specified on the SigmaSport.co.uk website where they will be held awaiting collection for a period of 10 days.
Orders placed are normally dispatched within 2 working days.
Priority 1st Class Delivery - £2.99
Estimated delivery within 2 working days.
Next Working Day Delivery* - £4.99
A guaranteed tracked courier delivery, place your order before 3pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday.
Saturday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Saturday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Saturday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Sunday pre 12 Delivery - £4.99
Sunday delivery orders must be placed by 1pm Friday and is only available on items in stock in our warehouse. Orders are prioritised through our warehouse and are delivered on Sunday pre 12pm by courier. Package must be signed for upon delivery.
Reserve and Collect** - FREE
Reserve & Collect is available on all items marked 'Collection'. It is a FREE delivery option that allows you to collect your order from either our Sigma Sport Store, Hampton Wick or our Reserve & Collect location in Esher. Just select the Reserve & Collect button in the basket.
* Next Working Day delivery is only available on items in stock in our warehouse and excludes pre- order items. Next Day refers to the next working day, Bank Holidays will add an extra working day to the estimated delivery lead times. UK next day excludes Saturday deliveries. This service is not available to some remote postcode areas. Please contact us for help.
** Reserve and Collect Collections - Clothing, parts and accessories: Next day. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be available for collection after midday on the Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Bikes: 4 days if in stock at store, collect in up to 7 days (sometimes quicker) if in stock at warehouse.
London Same Day (Order Before 1pm)
We offer a Same Day delivery service into London. The cost is £25.00 under 2Kg and £35 over 2Kg. Place your order before 1pm, deliveries are made Monday to Friday. Please note this option excludes bicycles.
More information on our Same Day delivery options.
All our bikes are fully checked and tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for despatch. All you have to do is add the pedals, rotate and tighten the handlebars. Typically we can deliver your bike in 4 - 5 working days.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday on a pre-12pm delivery. One of our customer service team will be in contact to arrange a convenient day for delivery.
More information on all our UK delivery options.
International Delivery and Returns
We ship to over 100 countries using DHL for a fast and reliable delivery. To see the delivery cost, please add your items to the basket and proceed to the checkout.
International customers have 30 days from their order date to return the order. Goods must be returned in new condition with all original packaging intact and tags attached.
For full details, see this link.
Free UK Returns
We offer a free returns service for our UK customers. Sigma Sport will happily refund or exchange any item purchased at Sigma Sport, excluding Sigma Sport gift vouchers and personalised products except when faulty.
More information on the Sigma Sport returns procedure.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Get Your Price Match
Please fill in some details below to get your price match.
You would like to price match the following item:
Cannondale CAAD Optimo Disc 105 Road Bike 2017
Where have you seen it cheaper?
Please provide the direct URL to the same item of where you have seen it cheaper.
Please let us know your email address:
We'll verify the price match and send a promo code directly to your email address.